Forums

' The Kingdom of Kandarin ' Thread is locked

Quick find code: 237-238-857-65778472

Valiesin
Dec Member 2021

Valiesin

Posts: 3,781 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alright- so I am sick of my name being thrown around so how about I clarify the situation.

I was definitely the sole leader of Kandarin in cooperation with Alli who seemed to do nothing whilst I left the clan in she and Gale's care whilst I attended BMT for two months. While I'm at BMT, the only roleplay taking place in Kandarin consisted of a love affair between their two characters, essentially disregarding the other 3/4 of the territories held by the Kingdom of Kandarin. After a few weeks of nothing upon my return and just a few various diplomatic enterprises from Tyrek, as well as excursions into mystical forests to destroy the undead- plots which I generated with outside members like Tom, the only thing leadership in this clan did was sit on Skype with a finger in their ass.

I claim to be the sole leader because I was the only leader willing to participate in getting together plots and bringing in activity WHILE still being called the co-leader by my own clan and acknowledged as the sole leader by many other clans, given the complete and utterly embarrassing absence of our admin team. I also purged my admin group in order to make way for new leadership with the assistance and approval of Alli.

Now, why did I willingly give Ardougne to Tom? Because it completely overthrew the complacent membership that has plagued the PoK for far too long. All of you who never roleplayed in Kandarin during my several month long membership to the clan excluding the two month leave, can type on this thread all you think you know about how this clan was functioning, but you are clearly at a loss of eyesight to do so. You know nothing and did nothing with this clan, therefore I denounce your opinions and challenge you to challenge me towards what you think you may know about the kingdom.
.„¸¸,.·` |
Valiesin
| `· .,¸¸„.

25-Aug-2016 02:37:58

Valiesin
Dec Member 2021

Valiesin

How did Adrian seize the castle? Tyrek Vekon went mad and summoned his traitorous friend to Ardougne for a final stand. If you would look back towards the page before Tom's original post, my own post describes the situation in Ardougne. Soldiers have mutinied, chaos arises, and the kingdom essentially falls apart. It's ONLY logical that this can happen because there was no one willing to play an actively defended nation, even after my repeated attempts to gain these members and provide roleplay opportunities. I started looking outwards towards outside community members, because my own members were clearly only interested in roleplaying amongst themselves rather than participate in scheduling, brainstorming, and outlining plots to follow. Instead, members were more interested in shooting down ideas, roleplaying private sessions, and talking about their real lives on Skype.

This is the same problem I attempted to correct when Drazker was leading as Vergil. Admittedly, it wasn't Drazker who should've left the clan all those months ago, but we won't get into that for the sake of avoiding an already clarified thirty page shitfest.

Now, we once lived in a community where roleplay defined the stories of our characters and it was up to the characters to change the progression of story throughout the gameplay. That's what I've done, always done, and will continue to advocate. I refuse to play a King ruling a kingdom with thousands of soldiers when I have no members willing to play those soldiers (hence mutinies) except one very loyal Commander and officer. I appreciate the attempt made by Heather, but part of why I clashed with Storm months ago was because we argued whether "realism" mattered so much as to ignore that we were actually weak. Whereas they would've had Camelot (at the time) believe we should have the strongest kingdom. Not at all possible when you're only five admins and those five admins are your only roleplayers.
.„¸¸,.·` |
Valiesin
| `· .,¸¸„.

25-Aug-2016 02:38:15

Valiesin
Dec Member 2021

Valiesin

There's no longer a will to show weakness for our characters to overcome obstacles in their lives, no longer a desire to truly develop a characters story, instinct, desires, and failures. All those arguing in defense of Alli or Gale were either inactive, complacent, or downright uninvolved in Kandarin. It's sad, really, how many of you log in just to exercise your fingers on the forums rather than do what the opposite party has done... and roleplay. I encourage you and implore that you attach your balls to your gooch and cooperate to meet a mutual standpoint in this new story progression as I try to search for a new clan that doesn't sit around and ignore an opportunity unless it comes with an unreasonable benefit to them.

- Justin
.„¸¸,.·` |
Valiesin
| `· .,¸¸„.

25-Aug-2016 02:39:06

Zeremal
May Member 2022

Zeremal

Posts: 1,484 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No further thread derailment will be condoned. Stu is allowed to post, but lets keep the hazing and hating to PM and away from here. Thanks!
Right action is better than knowledge; but in order to do what is right, we must know what is right.
| Alli, the Eternal | Women Shi Zui Hao De Pengyou

25-Aug-2016 03:11:25

Demelza

Demelza

Posts: 13 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
APPLICATION
Character name: Elisabeta Luchella

Role: Head of Household

Religious views: Saradominist

Race: Human

Personality: Friendly, noble bearing, welcoming

Appearance: Tall at 5'9", graceful and beautiful, alabaster skin and dark red hair.

History: Was born in Ardougne and has grown up in Ardougne. Elisabeta is the daughter of the late Clara and Benedict Luchella. Elisabeta is married to ((nytewatch's char, currently nameless)) and owns land in Southern Kandarin as well as a town home in Ardougne. They have made a fortune in the wine trade and spend most of their time at their country estate, with infrequent trips to the city as well as abroad. Elisabeta has several sisters, one Catalina ((Roleplayed by Prishe, the others either not yet named or not yet roleplayed)).

Other information: I did not see an application for noble houses, however this is House Luchella's. The heraldic charge is a yellow pear upon a sky blue field.

Probably a better time to apply, seems things have calmed down.

25-Aug-2016 03:47:14 - Last edited on 25-Aug-2016 03:47:50 by Demelza

Hazbollah

Hazbollah

Posts: 7,692 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For all my gorgeous, healthy, sisters around the world
I'm talking the 175 and up club
The we cook good, we eat good, we look good

[Chorus:]
She ain't fat bruh, she ain't
She ain't fat bruh, she's just a lil thick