Forums

Why do you RP?

Quick find code: 237-238-598-65590827

Melkarth
Sep Member 2022

Melkarth

Posts: 14,783 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Initially, it started as the latter three examples you provided.
I was completely inept at the art of basic conversation - the opportunity afforded to me by anonymity and type allowed me to meet people. The common interest in storytelling attracted me to roleplay.

Now? It's not the same as when I started. Originally, RuneScape and Roleplay were a support - then a crutch. But then I realised that; weened off it, focused on my schooling. Improved my grades, finished school and found that throughout the entire ordeal (where friends I've made here were with me the whole way, whether I or they even realise it), I had come a long way thanks to the medium we all embrace.

Now? It's different. I stay here because of the people I've met, the people whose company I enjoy. I don't interact all that often with most of you, but the fact you're all a click away is really nice. I enjoy storytelling the same as ever, and the bonds forged between us as we... well, sail off into the sunset, on a new adventure every day.

There's light at the end of the tunnel, and it's truly exulting when found.
And right now, I don't want to leave it for the shade. So I stay.

16-Mar-2015 16:02:35

Doc Doctor

Doc Doctor

Posts: 3,925 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like a'writin', and I like a'fightin'.
Roleplay has both.
“Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

16-Mar-2015 17:25:16 - Last edited on 16-Mar-2015 17:25:34 by Doc Doctor

Quick find code: 237-238-598-65590827 Back to Top