Quick find code: 237-238-575-66128896

Shawdow
Feb Member 2012

Shawdow

Posts: 892 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
›,¸¸,‹°´†°´›,¸¸,‹
In-Game Letter Archive
›,¸¸,‹°´†°´›,¸¸,‹

Knights, wizards, merchants, kings, commanders, nobles, students, no matter what kingdom, religion or race they hail from all need a way to communicate. I personally prefer the written word over any other. A carrier pigeon from Misthalin getting overtaken by a Kharidian hawk, anxious messengers in the times of war and even a skull carrying a mailbag around, I have seen it all. All I can hope for is that this art form is not lost when the new generation comes around. I’m just glad we still have each other at this point. I’ll write again soon!

- Letter that got lost in the mail from an unknown source

The concept of this thread is to act as an out-of-character service to enrich the community. Members of the community are encouraged to post letters here that originate from in-game roleplay. The community has been sending letters far and wide for a long time now, but wouldn't it be nice to keep track of all the letters on one thread instead of always looking everywhere? It is still a WIP but feels free to post your suggestions on this thread as I will be working on this over the coming days.

Also post letters to get this going! Thanks. :)
FremFam
|
Kharidia

09-Nov-2019 08:06:16 - Last edited on 12-Nov-2019 08:41:00 by Shawdow

Shawdow
Feb Member 2012

Shawdow

›,¸¸,‹°´†°´›,¸¸,‹
Disclaimer
›,¸¸,‹°´†°´›,¸¸,‹

This thread is not a forum roleplay, but instead serves as an out-of-character service designed to archive letters from roleplay taking place in-game.
The aim of the thread is to be a central location for archiving letters while allowing members of the community to have a dedicated thread to visit. Everyone is to be treated equally and any posts harassing individuals or arguing about canon will be removed. As stated above, this is not a forum roleplay. That being said it's strongly encouraged to only post letters that originate from roleplay in-game.
FremFam
|
Kharidia

09-Nov-2019 08:06:36 - Last edited on 12-Nov-2019 08:55:02 by Shawdow

Shawdow
Feb Member 2012

Shawdow

›,¸¸,‹°´†°´›,¸¸,‹
Example
›,¸¸,‹°´†°´›,¸¸,‹

Ptolemy Dean said :
The following is an open letter. City-wide distribution is done via high-flying implings wearing the yellow uniforms of the Messengers' Guild.

To: Members of the holy Triumvirate, Regent, and the good people of Misthalin.

The throne of Misthalin lies empty. I shouldn't have to tell you troubles can arise during a succession crisis. Our neighbors to the west made fools of themselves with a nonexclusive process. Our kingdom cannot afford that. It's already been weakened by the Mad King and his poor judgment, lack of compassion, and overall political ignorance. Make no mistake, his disappearance is a blessing in disguise. The short reign of King Henry Remanis will become a stain on our otherwise proud and noble history. Others who felt the same as I have were willing to lay down their lives in the pursuit of ending his rule, and they are still willing to fight in order to install a monarch worthy of the throne. That someone would be me.

I have better experience than most regarding politics, stratagem, and administration. Although my bloodline may not be as prestigious as those of the Daes, Arens, or Remanises, you won't find it wanting. I'm a true and loyal daughter of Misthalin whose only concern is to seeing the lives of the people of our great realm made better than they are now, to repairing our damaged relationships with neighbors and allies alike, and to guiding our kingdom through an uncertain and tumultuous age so that we may find the prosperity and soundness we so desperately deserve.

I look forward to a bloodless resolution and greater discussion in the future.

FremFam
|
Kharidia

09-Nov-2019 08:06:36 - Last edited on 07-Dec-2019 03:56:40 by Shawdow

Shawdow
Feb Member 2012

Shawdow

›,¸¸,‹°´†°´›,¸¸,‹
Template
›,¸¸,‹°´†°´›,¸¸,‹

This is just a template, feel free to modify it to fit the needs of your letter!

~
Brief description of how the letter is being sent and what delivery method is being used (This can be unknown)

To:
Who the letter is being sent to. (This can be unknown)

The content of the letter.
The actual message being conveyed.

Who the letter is from (This can be unknown)
FremFam
|
Kharidia

09-Nov-2019 08:06:37 - Last edited on 10-Nov-2019 00:15:08 by Shawdow

Quick find code: 237-238-575-66128896 Back to Top