Forums

In-Game Letter Archive Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 237-238-575-66128896

Ptolemy Dean

Ptolemy Dean

Posts: 4,044 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The following is an open letter. City-wide distribution is done via high-flying implings wearing the yellow uniforms of the Messengers' Guild.

To: Henry Remanis, Emperor of Mistalin, and his subjects.

I hereby declare Henry Remanis unfit for duty. The world has borne witness to his ineffectiveness as a sovereign and child of the Lord of Light. He's little more than a misguided youth suffering from rhadophobia and a disease of the mind brought on by affluence and tragedy. I served him faithfully as his Court Mage and was rewarded with unjust imprisonment. It's with great reluctance that I come forward today, but there is little hope of him ever leading a reasonable train of thought with the crown upon his head. Power, fear, and faith have made him grossly irrational and wanting for more. Unless we act now, many more will suffer his undeserved ire and the reckless expenditure of the crown.

To Henry Remanis, I present a list of my demands:

• Dissolve the empire and restore the monarchy proper.
• Restore any lands seized by the crown to their rightful owners.
• Abdicate the throne in favor of Rosaline Eloise of House Haines.

By refusing you force my hand. I will see the tyranny of the crown overcome and justice prevail. To those who were wronged by the Mad King, I invite you to my tower so that we might work together to bring about a future worth fighting for.

From: Rosaline Eloise Haines, a loyal daughter of Misthalin.
"Ptolemos, the friendly, informative Mahjarrat."
Member of the
Godless
and an advocate of
Moia
Zamorak
Role-player and proud owner of eleven Capes of Accomplishment.

26-Nov-2019 01:45:00 - Last edited on 26-Nov-2019 01:49:33 by Ptolemy Dean

Ptolemy Dean

Ptolemy Dean

The following is an open letter. City-wide distribution is done via high-flying implings wearing the yellow uniforms of the Messengers' Guild.

To: Members of the holy Triumvirate, Regent, and the good people of Misthalin.

The throne of Misthalin lies empty. I shouldn't have to tell you troubles can arise during a succession crisis. Our neighbors to the west made fools of themselves with a nonexclusive process. Our kingdom cannot afford that. It's already been weakened by the Mad King and his poor judgment, lack of compassion, and overall political ignorance. Make no mistake, his disappearance is a blessing in disguise. The short reign of King Henry Remanis will become a stain on our otherwise proud and noble history. Others who felt the same as I have were willing to lay down their lives in the pursuit of ending his rule, and they are still willing to fight in order to install a monarch worthy of the throne. That someone would be me.

I have better experience than most regarding politics, stratagem, and administration. Although my bloodline may not be as prestigious as those of the Daes, Arens, or Remanises, you won't find it wanting. I'm a true and loyal daughter of Misthalin whose only concern is to seeing the lives of the people of our great realm made better than they are now, to repairing our damaged relationships with neighbors and allies alike, and to guiding our kingdom through an uncertain and tumultuous age so that we may find the prosperity and soundness we so desperately deserve.

I look forward to a bloodless resolution and greater discussion in the future.

Member of the
Godless
and an advocate of
Moia
Zamorak

27-Nov-2019 19:43:43

CrocoNuts
Jul Member 2010

CrocoNuts

Posts: 2,824 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The following is an open letter posted in the Varrock Herald by an anonymous writer. It was posted in the politics/opinion section of the kingdom widely distributed paper.

Sometimes you wander around the world thinking who owns what. You try to dissect the problems you see on your path and constantly stumble against the same wall. Them. No matter how hard you push or pull, they will always have the upper hand, a faith not all of us have seemingly understood.

You save the world and you’re still a joke to them, only for them to lavish in the praise of many as you live as an outcast, alone. The world is not a fair place and if volume one of my manifesto speaks to you, please, do await the next one. There is much more I need to tell.

-- Source anonymous, letter delivered through private untraceable mail courier
Quickly learn how to Roleplay on RuneScape!

I am bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me.

30-Nov-2019 23:22:22

Zenblance
Sep Member 2023

Zenblance

Posts: 2,308 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
`;`;`;`;`
---
[+]
---
`;`;`;`;`

Her Royal Highness
Princess of Misthalin
Baroness of Lothringen
Miranda Lansing

I apologize for the delayed response, your letter found me at quiet a busy time, and in my haste I lost sight of it. Your words warmed my heart and further strengthened my resolve as I rode to Varrock to negotiate terms of peace within Misthalin.

I proudly write to you now, declaring the tyranny of the Mad King to be over. Queen Karma has returned to the throne after her prior abdication. A decision that came through compromise, but nonetheless saves the people of Misthalin from an hostility.

Peace reigns once again through the fields of our homelands. I still welcome you to visit, and we can share a toast over such an accomplishment.

Deepest regards,
His Grace
High Chancellor of Misthalin
Duke of Lumbridge
Max Lansing

`;`;`;`;`
---
[+]
---
`;`;`;`;`
Dae

#PraiseTuffty

06-Dec-2019 11:34:53

Ptolemy Dean

Ptolemy Dean

The following is an announcement and advertisement posting on the village public noticeboard.

To: Residents of Draynor Village.

Season's Greetings! Your village is under new management. Fret not! Preparations are underway for Christmas celebrations.

On an unrelated note, Her Ladyship is hiring laborers to conduct sewer work. Inquirers should expect fair wages and unsafe working conditions.

Member of the
Godless
and an advocate of
Moia
Zamorak

09-Dec-2019 02:07:38

Waychaeology

Waychaeology

Posts: 332 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is a letter sent to the Spellbright elders. It traveled via flying turtle from Menaphos to their uncharted islands.

To the Council and my kinsmen,

I write to you from the sprawling city of Varrock. A far cry from the avarrockian tribes our ancestors first met! A populous city of industry and commerce, though not as large as New Haven. And most importantly, one of learning. This city is the only one is the west that has dedicated itself to recovering the relics and knowledge of the past: they have a museum, and entire compound over the ancient city of Senntisten. Filled to the brim with men and women dedicated to the study of history and archaeology.

I humbly suggest one of the council members come visit. There is an excitement amongst the people at the dig site, they call it. Words of forming a more universal place of study, and new endeavors to come. I mean to become party to their future plans, and hope you see the wisdom in sending some of our kinsmen to join me. It would be a shame to see influence fall into the hands like those at the Guild and Tower.

I've taken the liberty of introducing myself to Queen Karma of Misthalin, plan to represent our family at her court, ingratiate us into their social circles, and get to know the highborns of Misthalin. I've been made a Professor and our family's been granted a place to stay in the city. I've struck up a friendly rapport with the Queen and hope to cement it with a gift. More than just some shiny bauble from the arc, mind you. Perhaps an enchantment, or something from the vault? I think her friendship key to avoiding trouble with other authorities

Juul of Clan Uchawi
"But we can fight."

"Then we fight."

10-Dec-2019 03:38:10

Ptolemy Dean

Ptolemy Dean

The following is a declaration sung by heralds and town criers throughout the kingdom of Misthalin.

To: Residents of Draynor Village and the realm beyond.

I, Rosaline, Countess of Draynor, make known to all, present and future, that I hereby grant all denizens of the county immunity from persecution regarding faith and/or race. Each and every one of us, young or old, human or otherwise, deserve to live a life of dignity. Through the wisdom He provides, and by the order He bestows, the Lord of Light governs the world. Thus, it's imperative that we abide by the laws set forth by our Lord, with compassion in our hearts and justice tempered by mercy.

The Book of Light states, and I quote, "The love of Saradomin is ever-forgiving." Were only ours just so.

Member of the
Godless
and an advocate of
Moia
Zamorak

13-Dec-2019 00:11:08 - Last edited on 13-Dec-2019 00:11:43 by Ptolemy Dean

Nathmatics
Jul Member 2008

Nathmatics

Posts: 893 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
~
This letter was delivered by a courier of some kind, his uniform and over-loaded sack of letters making this abundantly clear.

To: My dear wife, Lilith

I hope this letter reaches you in good condition and hopefully before Wintumber has come and gone, I apologize so much if you are getting this after the fact, as you know, my traveling to distant lands does no good in aiding how long a letter will reach its destination.

Semantics aside, I wish you a happy Wintumber season and I hope this years feast with the family is gargantuan in size. I would ask you to save me some, but I likely will be out here until the beginning of Moevyng, I am so sorry about that, and hopefully when I return I will with a fortune for us and our children to live off of for the rest of our natural lives.

Please pass these wishes and hopes onto the kids; tell dear Autumn to make sure the apothecary stays in top shape, tell Clive that I wish I could attend the mass with him in Lumbridge, and that I, and the rest of the family, will be there for him even after the battle, and tell little Andrew that daddy will be coming home soon and I'll make sure his late Wintumber present is fantastic.

Lilith, I swear onto Saradomin and my life that I will bring something home that will make our family rich. Do you remember the night we were wed, there was a shooting star that passed above us as we briefly stole ourselves away from our family and friends? I told you that "I would keep you in a manner you were not accustomed to"? I intend to keep that promise, even if it means having to be away from the family for some time, I've proven this once, I am sure I can repeat such a success.

Remember, we are under the same sky, the same sky that star blazed through, don't forget I will always be there. I love you, Lilith, my dearest.

Alexi Kirkdun
An apologetically, unofficial representative for World 42

Want to get in contact with me?
Discord: nathmatics

01-Jan-2020 02:41:40

Quael
Jan Member 2018

Quael

Posts: 3,628 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The following letters listed are those sent to several adventurers across Gielinor.

"Dear David,

I am a huge fan of your stories. I am a citizen of Ardougne, the city you saved from a wicked sorcerer. I've heard you protected the kingdom of Kandarin from an army of Goblin by fighting each and every one of them. My favorite story is how you help fight against an army of other worldly invaders attempting to claim Burthope, because you were face to face with a Dragonkin even fought against it till it fled! I wish I could be brave enough to meet you!

Your fan, an inspired teen"

"Dear Ezekiel Lemieux,

Lord of the realms, legend like yourself are considered that, legends. But I know you exist, after all Postie Pete accepted my letter, unless there's another person with this name. I remain optimistic that you do exist. You might not get this a lot, but thank you for your bravery and time you put into your quests. I must ask, are you retired or are some stories I hear are just that, stories? No no, don't tell me, if you are retired, you deserve it!

From an admirer."

"Dear Cyroil Ironweaver,

Champion to the smiths around the world, hero to a few towns and savior of families. The stories goes on. But you are you really? A normal man I have no doubt, one that deserves a thank you." The adventurer finds 100 gold coins as well with the letter.

"Dear Samuel,

You might not remember, as you are an adventurer that meet so many people, but I am the female dwarf you managed to rescued back in Keldagrim. That day, when you saved me, you made me realize that I should do more in life. So I took up adventuring my self, following in your footsteps! I hope this fills your heart to know that you inspired me and probably others to look up to you.

An inspired adventurer."
Duke of Fort Forinthry
Interested in role-play? check out: The Quest Collective

14-Jan-2020 09:59:34 - Last edited on 14-Jan-2020 10:05:35 by Quael

Quael
Jan Member 2018

Quael

Posts: 3,628 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Dear Gonad

I am such a HUGE fan! I saw you walking down the street of Varrock a while ago, I wanted to say hello, but sadly you were gone from the city when I finally got the courage. It took me a while to write to you now as well. But please do stop by Varrock again sometime, I would love to greet my hero in person!

Your #1 fan!"

"Dear Octavian Dae

Oh boy, what can I say except thank you? I mean all your stories, adventures, your a myth to a lot of people. But I believe you are indeed real and walking among us. You're story has inspired me to do some good in the world. I would go out and adventure, but alas, my health wouldn't allow it, so I do what i can to help my town and it's people. Thank you for your bravery!

A random man."

"Dear Valiesin

Ahoy lad. I be writing at ye' to let ye' know that your myths are no match for the pirates of the seven seas. I spit at yer' direction and curse ye' name. Yer story can't be real and I refuse to think other wise!

Some hater sailor"

"Dear An Cu Ban

I am a diviner, and I heard rumors that a hero like you existed, a hero who is from the anima mundi. I must say I find that interesting and am amazed that there is an adventurer like you that exist, that is if you are real. Either way, I wish to speak with you in person one day, it could be interesting to learn more from an construct of the anima mundi. If you are one any way.

A random diviner."

"Dear Cloud

I must ask, I heard you were a champion to the eastern land, but I heard you once had a fish 'inside of you' and a squid pulling on some unpleasant parts as well. Were you having a bad day?

A concerned traveler."
Duke of Fort Forinthry
Interested in role-play? check out: The Quest Collective

14-Jan-2020 10:02:57 - Last edited on 14-Jan-2020 10:04:02 by Quael

Quick find code: 237-238-575-66128896 Back to Top