Forums

Asgarnian Wedding - 1/21

Quick find code: 237-238-269-65866763

Lady Airlea
Mar Member 2011

Lady Airlea

Posts: 5,379 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Word had quickly started to spread with the leak of news. Thalia Renderra was to be married, to none other than Nova Tepes , of an old, minor Asgarnian House. The union would make Nova Tepes Princess Consort of Burthorpe, and a member of the prominent house.

Rumours spread everywhere, and quickly. Some were intentionally leaked, some were entirely fictitious. But the thought crossing many in Asgarnia's mind was simple.

"Who the ploughin' hell is Nova Tepes?"

Soon after, the two greeted and made the announcement to the public, showing off their engagement rings. Invitations were made, bearing the Blue and white crows, and golden moon of the Tepes, alongside Thalia's personal green background and silver imprinted pentacle seal of the Renderra.

~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~

You are Cordially Invited to the Wedding of Princess Thalia Renderra of Burthorpe, and Countess Nova Tepes of Acasa Manor

On Essianday, Rintra 21st ((Saturday, January 21st)) at 10 O'Clock PM, Sharp.
It will be at the Soulwood, Residence of the honourable Duchess Ekaterina Renderra ((Nat's POH))

A portal to the event will be provided in Falador, and Burthorpe, for those less able to walk or ride the path.

If you are attending, Répondez s'il vous plaît, ((RSVP)) by the 18th of Rintra.

The Respective seals were stamped below.

~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~

IC Rules:

• Don't start any fights •
• Please avoid vomitting on the floors. Thanks. •
• Nobility are permitted to bring a ceremonial sidearm, bow, or staff. No crossbows, large weapons, or weapons under a foot and a half in length allowed. •
• Peasantry and merchants may not bring weapons. •
• Ceremonial Armour is permitted. •
ª*
The One True Nat
ª*

05-Jan-2017 07:28:34 - Last edited on 05-Jan-2017 09:03:36 by Lady Airlea

Lady Airlea
Mar Member 2011

Lady Airlea

Invitations are restricted IC. No Invitation, no entry.

~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~

However, if there is anyone you think deserves one OOCly, please, post or PM that! Just about any prominent merchant or Noble in Asgarnia is invited, Void Knights, White Knights, Kinshra, royal officials and Army Officers.

Outside of Asgarnia, those who are friends of the family (Le'Gaunt, Bordeleux, Clan Irondrake) or important Nobles/Royals would be invited.

Guests of Honour:

The Court of His Imperial Majesty, Driez Renderra I, Ravensworn, Shadow-walker, the Silver Star of Aethyrmont

The Court of Her Royal Majesty, Jane Grey I, Blade of Asgarnia, the Iron Woman of Saradomin, heir to Raddalin the Uniter, and Blood of Saint Edward

The Renderra Family of the Soulwood

The Court of Burthorpe

The Court of Sarimia

The Crown of Misthalin, His Majesty James Lansing

The Battlemage of V, Magus Concendo

Other Guests:

Lady Joanna Lavelle
Lady Sajid and Lady Noir, of Giant's Hill
the Honourable Shinori Haikane, of Burthorpe
the Honourable Felix Nocte, Bane of Mahjarrat
the Heroic Forseti Greyfur, of the Guild of Arenvale
Members of the Guild, during Thalia's stay there.

The No-Entry List:
(People the guards are specifically looking for on the premises)
Members of the Austrailis Family
Members of the Vekon Family
Astrid Grace
People with a Bounty in Asgarnia and/or Burthorpe
The Barren Ashfolk of Forinthy
Non-Humanoids. Any who are not Dwarves, Elves, Fairies, Humans, Gnomes, Icyene, or a halfling of the above. Demons would find it physically difficult to even enter the premises, given what will be mentioned during "Scenery."

~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~
ª*
The One True Nat
ª*

05-Jan-2017 07:29:00 - Last edited on 07-Jan-2017 20:37:17 by Lady Airlea

Lady Airlea
Mar Member 2011

Lady Airlea

~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~

The Rumour Mill

People are awfully chatty about the wedding. These are some snippets coming up in conversation across Asgarnia your characters might overhear!

''Who is Nova Tepes? Is she gorgeous, at least, why else would a Princess want her?''... - About Everyone

''I heard she's a witch.'' - Rural North

''They're letting filthy Barbarians attend. Will be a dreadfully long affair.'' - Falador Merchants

''She's got a Morytanian accent, bet you ten coppers she's a Werewolf.'' - Merchants of Burthorpe

''I heard Celeste Austrailis was invited!'' - Someone, I'm sure.

''Do you wonder, perchance, they're going to open up some of that Nectar? I have never had the pleasure to savor some!'' - A rich, minor noble

''I just wish they'd stop rubbing Tacos in the Rising Sun. Spicy food was not made for that.''

''I heard she's pregnant. No wonder the wedding was so urgently announced.''

''She's a nice lady, that Nova. I think. Those teeth could open bottles though.''

''...I heard those Banshee Riders were attending. And the Order of the Raven.''
''Don't you know those are a myth? Just meant to scare kids?''

''I'm sure she worships some dark god. Those Renderra are goin' evil, I tell you. They need Saradomin's light. Just look at her armour! Black and Red!''

''Okay, so this bachelorette party didn't kill anyone. Let's pray the same for the wedding.''
"You kidding? Lady Renderra almost drank herself to death."

~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~
ª*
The One True Nat
ª*

05-Jan-2017 07:29:20 - Last edited on 16-Jan-2017 02:28:40 by Lady Airlea

Lady Airlea
Mar Member 2011

Lady Airlea

~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~

The Menu:

(Image courtesy of Aelfdene)

Drink Menu:

A fully stocked, open bar is present at the second venue of the event, holding all but Renderra Nectar.

During the meal, Waiters will serve the following:

Asgarnian Ale

Dwarven Stout

Wizard's Mind Bomb

161 Super-Sarimia Red Wine - Harvested with grapes farmed in such a way as to test regulations of what defines a Sarimia Red, the Vineyard's legal costs made it susceptible to purchase. It is, however, quite delicious.

152 Veuve Durfort, La Grande Dame Champagne - Translation: Widow Durfort, the Great Lady. Champagne made by the descendants of the noble countess Durfort. Following the death of her husband, the Widow Durfort continued to produce Champagne on her own, fighting tooth and nail against the customs of native Hemenster of the time. Today, their legacy as great-champagne makers holds true.

150 Renderra Nectar - A single glass, served with cake. This honeywine is made spiked with spirit weed and ranarr, brewed with only the finest honey and grapes of Guthix. The family boastfully claims it's rich, strong flavour of a carefully ratio'd mix of herbs is the wine Gods themselves would drink. And judging by it's continued high-class status, this seems to be the case.

At the Bar:

Frostshield Greatmead - Mead made with ground limpwurt and kwurm, this mead is not only strong, but for a while pumps adrenaline into the drinker, making them stronger as well.

The Hand of Death Cocktail

Braindeath 'Rum'

Vodka

Any common drinks and mixes are stocked.

~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~
ª*
The One True Nat
ª*

05-Jan-2017 07:29:29 - Last edited on 07-Jan-2017 20:41:41 by Lady Airlea

Lady Airlea
Mar Member 2011

Lady Airlea

~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~

The Scenery - Soulwood

Outside the massive, Renderra fortress, sat the portal to enter. Stone walls surrounded the soulwood, overtaken by nature, covered in beards of ivy and broken into by roots. The archway ahead was old, Guthixian style, a pilgrim's path through the woods surrounding the core fortresss diverting to the left. Straight ahead, was the open gates of the fortress itself, the massive Soulwood tree, with it's wisps of energy spilling between branches and fading, ever present. Grey bark, and dark green leaves, birds flew to and from it, even with the chill of winter.

The walls lining the path to the tree were covered with banners. The Blue and White of Asgarnia, the White and Green Pentacle of Aethyrmont, the Orange and Black, Promethean Helmets of the Ehredrache, the Snowflake shields of the Frostshield Clans, the Fenghuang of the Hiroto, golden keys of the Locke family, tower of the Argyll, the hammer of Lessia, the Pegasus of the Adrasteia... And, finally, the Green background and silver Pentacle, Thalia's personal banner, and the blue and white crows, with a yellow moon center of the Tepes.

There was no altar in site, just a glowing ritual circle, smelling heavily of incense. Lights hung from the branches of the tree, tied by rope to castle battlements, greens and blues of jarred, divine energy.

Near the ritual area, stood four statues. Natalie Renderra (Druidess with two swords, blades point down), Zarin Renderra (Full Slayer Helmet, large, heavily armoured man with a long robe), Tyrion Renderra (Druid with long beard, single sword, and a brazier, lit with green flame.) and finally, Driez Renderra (Crown, elven-style armour, large, crystal bow.)

The well-lit Druidic castle, was lit.
ª*
The One True Nat
ª*

05-Jan-2017 07:30:45 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2017 22:09:25 by Lady Airlea

Lady Airlea
Mar Member 2011

Lady Airlea

Scenery, Burthorpe Grand Hall

Sometimes known as the Games Room, this hall is elaborately decorated for the coming evening. Lanterns of divine energy, similar to those hanging in the Soulwood, adorn tables as a centrepiece. Lillies, Hyacinth flowers, and roses sit on the tables, each covered with a white, silk tablecloth edged in green or blue.

The hall is complete with a towering cake, vanilla with white frosting, made by Ava Scaravian of Varrock. The hall was adorned with banners of Asgarnia, the Greys, the Del'Vair, and of course, the Asgarnian Renderra.

Finally, on the balcony rests seats for the Renderra of Aethyrmont. Many had come in attendance, with Driez Renderra, his sister, Diana, their spouses, children, and even grandchildren in attendance. The Frostshield Fremennik, identified by their less-furry clothing due to living where it is warmer, sat to Driez's left, drunkenly dining. The Hiroto, with Driez's daughter Natalia, came in Eastern regalia, sitting prim and proper in their formalwear kimono, avoiding alcohol in favour of tea. Well, mostly.

At some point during the evening, Driez's crown Prince, the prince's son, a Frostshield, and Hiroto enter a brawl. For what, nobody knows beyond the four saying "felt like it." All four were horribly drunk.

At the center of the room, the table of honour sat the brides, and their maids of honour. Behind them, the Bards, playing their music as best they could.
ª*
The One True Nat
ª*

05-Jan-2017 07:31:07 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2017 23:24:36 by Lady Airlea

Lady Airlea
Mar Member 2011

Lady Airlea

Scenery - The Bards and Music

The Wedding Aisle song will be provided over Skype and Discord to attendees. Do your part and help spread it! It's Canon in D Major.

A Grand total of 11 songs are played by the first grouping of bards. A Harpist, a Lute player, a few drums, tambourines, and violins were present, allowing for somber, dinner music.

The head musician for the night is Daphne the Seer. An extremely talented Lyre player with a voice of honey, this woman is playing or singing in most songs of the night.

The second band, involves a few woodwind players and more drums, playing faster, dancing music.

This band draws it's inspiration from ballrooms and taverns and fairs across Gielinor, especially Misthalin. After five songs, they step down, making room for two Guitarists.

The two Guitarists, twins hailing from Southern Kandarin, carry a distinctive style of music, fast paced, made for fast paced dancing. They play three songs, before allowing someone labelled, up until this point, only as a Surprise singer to perform.

Playing alongside Daphne, this one song performance is then followed by all the musicians coming back, to play music into the night. However, the first three songs before the roleplay ends are simple.

Valerio's Song, played by the famed Bard for his lost love, a nun, is played right after.

The following few are sung by Daphne, alongside the lead male vocalist, as the reception (officially) closes in the wee hours of the morning. The garter toss, and the send-off for the Brides to the honeymoon takes place.

However, don't believe it's all over! Many drunk people unable to ride home, means many drunk, hungover people in the hall the day after. I hope you'll join us for "Runescape Hangover: Wedding Edition." the next day.

~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~ ~•
C
•~
ª*
The One True Nat
ª*

05-Jan-2017 07:31:18 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2017 23:51:32 by Lady Airlea

Startraphell

Startraphell

Posts: 536 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
With a heavy sigh, Shinori remembered that the world didn't revolve around her. Ah well. Not like there was a chance of it anyways. She placed the letter down, and wondered how two people can get married after such a short amount of time, but eh. Love is love. She opened the small liquor box and pulled out the bottle of whiskey. Best to the both of them. "I am true divinity! I am the father of nations and peoples! I am the thing you merely pretend to be! I am God, and I am King, and you can never defeat me!" ~Galath, Infinity Blade

05-Jan-2017 08:43:41

Quick find code: 237-238-269-65866763 Back to Top