Forums

Let's talk about Elon Musk!

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Joel said :
Regardless, I don't like the fact that these billionaires use their private jets willy nilly while often times the onus of climate change is put on regular people with way less environmental impact

Agreed.

“I think it is insane that people are gathered here to talk about the climate, and they arrive here in private jets.”
Greta Thunberg,
speaking at the World Economic Forum,
Davos, Switzerland, Jan. 25th, 2019
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

03-Feb-2023 06:40:30

emotions
Jun Member 2019

emotions

Posts: 14,389 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
https://www.platformer.news/p/elon-musk-fires-a-top-twitter-engineer?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

''I have more than 100 million followers, and I’m only getting tens of thousands of impressions.”
“We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one”

10-Feb-2023 12:58:57

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,586 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
emotions said :
https://www.platformer.news/p/elon-musk-fires-a-top-twitter-engineer?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

''I have more than 100 million followers, and I’m only getting tens of thousands of impressions.”

He's firing people because he's unpopular? That's hilarious. :P
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

10-Feb-2023 16:14:44

emotions
Jun Member 2019

emotions

Posts: 14,389 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rooh said :
emotions said :

He's firing people because he's unpopular? That's hilarious. :P

!Seems perfectly reasonable to me :P
“We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one”

10-Feb-2023 23:12:43

Plonster
Dec Member 2019

Plonster

Posts: 1,452 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm impartial on Elon only because I just don't know enough about the man. I know he's very talented for what he's achieved, but also can lack common sense. He was coding at a young age (10 years old?) and there are always similarities with these tech visionaries. They have a mind for the future and what
THEY
want it to look like and how
THEY
want people to adapt to it. It almost is a bit like godhood.

I've also seen engineers who work under these visionary types that are possibly smarter, and build incredible new technologies but Elon is the at the head of the table, and makes the call on when to stop and what's a good idea worth working towards. I bet working with Steve Jobs at the head of the engineering table would of been interesting as they usually just want the answer, and not all the fluff in-between. Some engineers would struggle with that because they just love what they do and are so passionate. A great example is Jim Keller (Now CEO at AI chip company Tenstorrent) that worked smart and hard on the microprocessors. He is a very talented man with a genius engineering mind.

I also often look at stories like Marcus Hutchins where such an incidental thing blew up and he became a hero.

I remember in IT class there were some very talented coders making hacking tools and selling them for a lot of money. They would show their PayPal balance and we would be amazed and shocked. Our teachers caught on and said you can either do good in this world or bad. Sometimes it takes them to learn from their mistakes and use what they learnt hacking to do good and chase the bad guys.

I like stories of redemption and I like to think those who haven't done seriously disgusting illegal acts get a second chance at redeeming themselves and shining their true purpose in life:
sharing their rare talent and enhancing others in study or work industry with their extraordinarily gifted knowledge.
Clan Defy -
Rank [Smiter]

I make Combat Achievement Guides over on Youtube
@PlonsterOSRS

Also update over on Twitter
@PlonsterOSRS

11-Feb-2023 09:15:05 - Last edited on 11-Feb-2023 09:49:31 by Plonster

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218 Back to Top