Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Hyles
Feb Member 2023

Hyles

Posts: 6,699 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The've done some neat things with the weather in recent years. I remember when it was essentially the same climate everywhere you went. :P
~Hyles~

"The man who acquires the ability to take full possession of his own mind
may take possession of anything else to which he is justly entitled."
~Andrew Carnegie

21-May-2017 18:38:26

Hyles
Feb Member 2023

Hyles

Posts: 6,699 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
saddha said :
Hyles said :
The've done some neat things with the weather in recent years. I remember when it was essentially the same climate everywhere you went. :P

I agree the weather is a fascinating and exquisite phenomenon. In particular the vortex of a blister can be overwhelmingly intriguing.

Are we both still talking about RS? I don't believe I've ever seen the "vortex of a blister." O_o
~Hyles~

"The man who acquires the ability to take full possession of his own mind
may take possession of anything else to which he is justly entitled."
~Andrew Carnegie

21-May-2017 18:52:55

saddha

saddha

Posts: 4,181 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hyles said :
saddha said :
Hyles said :

I agree the weather is a fascinating and exquisite phenomenon. In particular the vortex of a blister can be overwhelmingly intriguing.

Are we both still talking about RS? I don't believe I've ever seen the "vortex of a blister." O_o

Oh you meant RS? Haha! Now I am getting the joke! ^_^
Actually they have a vortex already in the game, just not in the context of weather. I saw this one video of a quest once, somewhere in the wizards tower where you had to pull tiny blisters to a spot.

Now imagine that on a big scale! Like epic God event where the Gods summon weather particles. Thunder, lightning, rain, blizzard. :D
Burgers anyone?
Om amideva hrih

21-May-2017 19:04:25

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oct/Nov 2016, mainstream media reports at least 10 killed in car bombing in Iraq:
http://globalnews.ca/video/3035393/raw-video-aftermath-of-deadly-car-bombing-in-baghdad-that-left-at-least-10-dead

CCTV captured the real story:
https://youtu.be/mUgeavMku9w

Not everything is as the media would have you believe.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

21-May-2017 19:48:14 - Last edited on 21-May-2017 19:53:22 by Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

How do you define "idol chat"? Discussions about Billy Idol? Talking about American Idol? :P

How would one enforce an "idle chat" rule in a chat thread? Who gets to decide what is "idle chat" and what exceeds "idle chat"?
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

21-May-2017 20:39:42

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said :
How do you define "idol chat"? Discussions about Billy Idol? Talking about American Idol? :P

How would one enforce an "idle chat" rule in a chat thread? Who gets to decide what is "idle chat" and what exceeds "idle chat"?

I don't know... Going back over the pages since the new rules the chat in here has changed and I just feel it would be nice to have a chat lounge and a news lounge - so everything is not in your face - I can copy posts to show what I mean, but I am not going too as that is implicating a person/people.

It would be nice to have the chat as it was before I suppose... Maybe it will quiet down once the new rules have been around for a while??
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

21-May-2017 20:46:23

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

As with most of the chat lounges, people use them to discuss topics that they don't feel the need to create an entire thread for. Sometimes that is just idle chat about the weather, or a random funny instance they came across on the internet, or something that happened to them recently... other times, someone just wants to share something more substantial, without having to create an entire thread for the matter.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_