Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Volkisch

Volkisch

Posts: 1,595 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Devon Clues said :

And lastly, my favorite one was called "Night", if you've never read it before I would highly recommend it but it is quite sad. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_(book) )

Was forced to read that too. It was confirmed that Eli Wiesel made up the story and that he was never even at Buchenwald. Several actual prisoners at the work camp confirmed that he wasn't there. The book itself borrows heavily from other "historical" fiction books written about that period to the point of plagiarism. If you've ever seen the movie Schindler's List, most of that movie is fake as well, especially the portrayal of Amon Leopold Goeth, as some bloodthirsty savage who raped Jewish women and just shot prisoners from the balcony of his home. That was also taken from a "historical" fiction novel as well. I don't remember the titles of the books but they're in a book I'm currently reading so I'll get back to you on the titles.

For whatever reason, both works of fiction have come to be accepted as factual evidence and the portrayal of Goeth in Schindler's List has been used as "historical" footage of Goeth. The actor wasn't Goeth. The actor didn't even get Goeth right.

I'll stop here though because I'm sure I'll get banned for taking it any further.
[qu.ote id=23-24-312-63626936-13867-341770025*[quot.e id=23-24-703-65953575-104-341769920*what devastatingly undeveloped senses of humor you all have
can't even screencap this **** it's so stupid[/qu.ote]

can somebody put this in their sig[/.quote]

19-May-2017 03:43:53

Hyles
Feb Member 2023

Hyles

Posts: 6,699 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To be honest, I really enjoyed The Giver by Lois Lowry.

I also liked Hatchet by Gary Paulsen and A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle.
~Hyles~

"The man who acquires the ability to take full possession of his own mind
may take possession of anything else to which he is justly entitled."
~Andrew Carnegie

19-May-2017 03:50:24

Hyles
Feb Member 2023

Hyles

Volkisch said :
Devon Clues said :

And lastly, my favorite one was called "Night", if you've never read it before I would highly recommend it but it is quite sad. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_(book) )

Was forced to read that too. It was confirmed that Eli Wiesel made up the story and that he was never even at Buchenwald. Several actual prisoners at the work camp confirmed that he wasn't there. The book itself borrows heavily from other "historical" fiction books written about that period to the point of plagiarism. If you've ever seen the movie Schindler's List, most of that movie is fake as well, especially the portrayal of Amon Leopold Goeth, as some bloodthirsty savage who raped Jewish women and just shot prisoners from the balcony of his home. That was also taken from a "historical" fiction novel as well. I don't remember the titles of the books but they're in a book I'm currently reading so I'll get back to you on the titles.

For whatever reason, both works of fiction have come to be accepted as factual evidence and the portrayal of Goeth in Schindler's List has been used as "historical" footage of Goeth. The actor wasn't Goeth. The actor didn't even get Goeth right.

I'll stop here though because I'm sure I'll get banned for taking it any further.

I didn't hear that the book turned out to be made up!

I was never a big fan of Night anyways, but it would still be disappointing if it actually was all just fiction. :(
~Hyles~

~Andrew Carnegie

19-May-2017 03:51:45

Volkisch

Volkisch

It all was fiction. The whole thing with Elie Wiesel never showing the number he was allegedly branded with was because he never had a prisoner number tattooed on him to begin with, plus there are records of his father dying of Typhus in some random shtetl in Romania, and not, as he claims, due to the bludgeon of an SS officer, lying down in a snow bank on some far fetched "death march" in Soviet occupied territory. [qu.ote id=23-24-312-63626936-13867-341770025*[quot.e id=23-24-703-65953575-104-341769920*what devastatingly undeveloped senses of humor you all have

19-May-2017 04:00:31 - Last edited on 19-May-2017 04:02:51 by Volkisch

Hyles
Feb Member 2023

Hyles

Volkisch said :
It all was fiction. The whole thing with Elie Wiesel never showing the number he was allegedly branded with was because he never had a prisoner number tattooed on him to begin with, plus there are records of his father dying of Typhus in some random shtetl in Romania, and not, as he claims, due to the bludgeon of an SS officer, lying down in a snow bank on some far fetched "death march" in Soviet occupied territory.

Childhood ruined. But either way, it still is a relatively accurate depiction of what life would have been like, even though he didn't experience it. It's kind of awful of him, though, to profit off of a lie when he could have just sold the story as "realistic fiction" rather than a non-fiction account of a true story.
~Hyles~

~Andrew Carnegie

19-May-2017 04:22:51

Volkisch

Volkisch

This is where I will stop, because I will get banned for continuing. [qu.ote id=23-24-312-63626936-13867-341770025*[quot.e id=23-24-703-65953575-104-341769920*what devastatingly undeveloped senses of humor you all have

19-May-2017 04:27:26

Volkisch

Volkisch

tfw Soviet propaganda is regarded as historical fact [qu.ote id=23-24-312-63626936-13867-341770025*[quot.e id=23-24-703-65953575-104-341769920*what devastatingly undeveloped senses of humor you all have

19-May-2017 04:37:33

Sir Duncan88

Sir Duncan88

Posts: 2,968 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Has anyone else here heard about the different types of internet user? You know how loads of people have recently been throwing the word 'normie' around and stuff. I found a cool article about this and wanted to make a discussion thread, but the ideas i wanted to discuss are specifically from the article, and I'm not sure how to make a discussion thread without having to direct people to the website, which I'm pretty sure is against the rules...

19-May-2017 10:10:57

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top