Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nosword said :
will i get fined now for not being covered when i file my taxes for last year?

From what I have seen appearing on my News feed - 'the tax on people who don’t purchase health care' is no longer going to be levied - assuming that is what you mean about a fine for not being covered.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

07-Mar-2017 17:40:01 - Last edited on 07-Mar-2017 17:44:09 by Bernadette

Nosword

Nosword

Posts: 49,796 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bernadette said :
Nosword said :
will i get fined now for not being covered when i file my taxes for last year?

From what I have seen appearing on my News feed - 'the tax on people who don’t purchase health care' is no longer going to be levied - assuming that is what you mean about a fine for not being covered.
well at least that would be one positive for me. everything else may be terrible but gotta take my breaks were i can get em
Old School

08-Mar-2017 00:43:22

Icy Spring

Icy Spring

Posts: 3,248 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Markiv13 said :
People are saying the ACA repeal may not make it through congress

The bill isn't a repeal so much as it is a shittier modification of Obamacare, since a full repeal would put them in the untenable position of stripping millions of affordable access to healthcare. Guess the rank and file never caught on that all those symbolic votes to repeal it were just an empty political prop.

08-Mar-2017 00:58:57

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't get why they can't grandfather plans like they did with the release of the ACA. The subsidies available are already built into the pools of insurance as it currently stands, and as people, well change off these plans or die, then there will be a gradual shift to the new system. But it seems to be an all or nothing thing, for both sides and for political reasons.

Tbh, neither side really shows or relies on the actuary science behind such issues, so I'm confident that the future (and current state) of healthcare in the US will be a total crapshow.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

08-Mar-2017 08:54:13 - Last edited on 08-Mar-2017 08:58:52 by Averia Light

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As a personal note, I thought about getting into actuary science as it isn't too horribly far off what I do now and it seems fascinating to be able to quantify risk (I do to an extent now, but it is limited to auditing risks). I wonder if the ACA and the general instability currently surrounding healthcare insurance has caused people to turn away from being an actuary, lol. And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

08-Mar-2017 09:18:44 - Last edited on 08-Mar-2017 09:19:49 by Averia Light

Jenny Smith

Jenny Smith

Posts: 1,955 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Icy Spring said :
people will forgo insurance until they're sick
It was like that before Obamacare so...
Icy Spring said :
insurers will then have to cover them
They won't have to cover them.

Part of the reason why I had to have an "emergency" hysterectomy was because I didn't have insurance. I kept going to different docs for months prior to surgery. An oncologist was recommended to me, I went, and then I couldn't pay for an mri...so he wouldn't see me again after that.

Idk where you are getting that insurers have to cover anyone, because they don't.

The only reason why I finally did have surgery is because a general surgeon did it (when an oncologist is supposed to perform the type of surgery I had, and endo is spread throughout my body & in my bloodstream because of it, and I can never have hrt blah blah blah) and he said I would've died w/o surgery.

I never got a bill.
REMOVE SILVERHAWK BOOTS FROM RUNESCAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

08-Mar-2017 09:23:34 - Last edited on 08-Mar-2017 09:27:42 by Jenny Smith

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top