Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They sort of are, but not as hard and snappy because the wafer layers are further apart and have got ...stuff.... between them.

At least, the original ones were like that. The modern ones are more like KitKats now.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

07-Mar-2017 04:26:34

Jenny Smith

Jenny Smith

Posts: 1,955 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Block quotations.

Or is APA style formatting illegal, too? L.

I can't wait to be sued over all the research papers I wrote in school.
REMOVE SILVERHAWK BOOTS FROM RUNESCAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07-Mar-2017 05:07:30

Icy Spring

Icy Spring

Posts: 3,248 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In other healthcare news, the long-awaited GOP bill is upon us!

The individual mandate to purchase insurance is gone, insurers can't refuse to cover pre-existing conditions (one of Obamacare's provisions), age-based tax deductions instead of the current income-based subsidy scheme when 47% of Americans don't earn enough to pay income tax, a 30% premium penalty when re-enrolling after a lapse in coverage...

Like I said a few pages back, without the mandate to introduce young, healthy people into insurance pools it all collapses. Nothing about this plan will reign in costs; people will forgo insurance until they're sick, insurers will then have to cover them, leading to premiums spiralling further out of control.

Perhaps this subject deserves its own thread, as I imagine the non-Burgers among us have their own takes on healthcare provision.

07-Mar-2017 05:48:26

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

"....47% of Americans don't earn enough to pay income tax....."

That's another astonishing thing I've just learned !!

After a very (VERY) swift browse of t'Internet, I saw a figure which quoted 12% of the overall UK workforce not paying Income Tax.

I can't imagine what would contribute to such a stark contrast other than manipulation of statistics (which I am told is so easily done) or the income threshhold for paying such a tax to be very much higher in the USA than it is in the UK.

This is not a criticism of either system, btw, merely a bemused observation.
Le Chat Guerrier

07-Mar-2017 10:50:43

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Incidentally, I am not brave enough to start a thread on the topic of Healthcare.

I don't doubt it would very quickly descend into political brawling (and thus get locked). I'm entirely happy to have a non-biased exchange of information in the relative safety of the Lounge with just a few individuals.
Le Chat Guerrier

07-Mar-2017 10:55:24

Nosword

Nosword

Posts: 49,796 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Icy Spring said :
a 30% premium penalty when re-enrolling after a lapse in coverage...
wonder how much itll cost me now then. penalty will suck but i need to get in again, and now i can afford to

do you know if theyre going to still have such limited enrollment periods? i dont want to have to wait til november to get insured again

will i get fined now for not being covered when i file my taxes for last year?
Old School

07-Mar-2017 13:10:20

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top