Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In a dispute on Ebay. bought a jacket that had some wear on it pictures showed this I was fine with them, but when it came the entire back of the jacket is essentially see through.

Seller has since said it is a result of rewaxing and was described as worn so won't refund. There was no photo of the entire back just one showing the mark 3/4 of the way up wonder why lol

That's against a carpet outside it is even more noticeable.

Personally I think they've scrubbed it with some detergent to try remove some marks and then put a bit of wax on.

If I loose this case I'll be annoyed but as I'd intended the jacket to be a durable jacket for general weekend DIY stuff in autumn/winter it will still get used.

19-Aug-2016 18:28:55

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
From looking into it I've found that most sellers say that it is stacked in favour of buyers for getting refunds.

I told the seller I'll wait anyway on the off chance the wax drying sorts it which if it doesn't then there explanation is wrong and another point to me I think

This is the second item of clothing I've bought and I don't really want to use it for clothing as perfectly described items could still be no good, but for some things it is really great.

I recently got given a big vice but it only had one jaw. Went on ebay found one the same length but not quite as wide for £4.50. To have had one made would have been a lot more costly and trying to find one by going round car boot sales etc would have taken a while I bet.

19-Aug-2016 20:31:17

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top