Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Agalloch

Agalloch

Posts: 24,161 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't understand why people freak out over insects flying around that eat nothing but plants. They have literally 0% chance of biting you. A Japanese beetle was trying to land on someone and they were freaking out, and I walked over and stuck my hand out and it landed on my hand and I was just like "It's ok, I'm a zoologist! (I passed zoology with an A), and walked like 10 feet away inspecting it until it decided to take off.

15-Aug-2016 09:00:20

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Agalloch said :
I don't understand why people freak out over insects flying around that eat nothing but plants. They have literally 0% chance of biting you. A Japanese beetle was trying to land on someone and they were freaking out, and I walked over and stuck my hand out and it landed on my hand and I was just like "It's ok, I'm a zoologist! (I passed zoology with an A), and walked like 10 feet away inspecting it until it decided to take off.

Well, some are pests, like the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug and people don't want them in their house

Maybe it's a learned reaction, I dunno :P

http://imgur.com/a/LHqD8
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

15-Aug-2016 09:44:26 - Last edited on 13-Jul-2017 16:44:01 by Team Skull

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top