Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh, so I can't stalk your photos :P

My daughter is doing GCSE Astronomy and has an assignment to do. We have to set up one of our cameras to record star movements over a couple of hours - hopefully we will manage to do it over the holidays, but need a clear night when we are away the bright lights.

I had hoped to do it on holiday, but discovered the night sky viewing limitations of having a cottage by the coast, close to a lighthouse!

Last weekend would have been ideal if we had been able to set up the camera . It was lovely and clear - I saw three shooting stars. However, we also discovered we need to get a wired remote to enable the longer camera aperture opening timings :(
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

11-Aug-2015 01:33:18 - Last edited on 11-Aug-2015 01:33:52 by Bernadette

Camini

Camini

Posts: 14,865 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So the Kiwi's may be getting a new flag soon? They are way ahead of Australia in just about everything now O_o

except cricket
Connection lost. Please wait - attempting to reestablish.

11-Aug-2015 07:21:54 - Last edited on 11-Aug-2015 07:22:19 by Camini

jour vert

jour vert

Posts: 3,134 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So I thought I'd contribute here for once ^_^

Basic question, how's summer everyone? :)

This year I'm touring Italy, Switzerland, and Ireland. The first happens every summer. Normally I visit Milan and Rome, where I'm from to visit the Colosseum. This summer spent a few hours drawing the arena one afternoon. Photography around Milan was also fun. I got to attend a color run in my hometown which is a like a charity marathon. At the end, everyone is covered in colored powders or Holi.

Spending a week in Geneva to see the Grand Théâtre.

The only reason I'm going Belfast in a few weeks is to see Florence + The Machine. They are absolutely amazing and one my favorite bands for years. It's the only opportunity I get to see them live this year. If there's time I may visit Phoenix Park.

Now the question for everyone, how's your summer? ^_^
If you would like something to watch on Netflix, here you go = One Piece ^_^

11-Aug-2015 09:21:19

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not done any star trails myself but there will be freeware that can stack a bunch of short exposures on top of each other if you can't manage to get one long exposure.

Another thing worth mentioning if people are not aware is that the annual perseid meteor shower is set to peak Wednesday night so worth a look 11pm onwards North East direction (care of bbc news)

11-Aug-2015 18:04:02

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I never watch anything like that since I saw Day of the Triffids when I were a nipper. Everyone went blind when they watched a meteor shower and got gobbled up by carnivorous alien plants.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

11-Aug-2015 23:25:11

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top