Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Twillow
Aug
fmod Member

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 49,241 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks, Bernadette, for the quotes, which I have also passed along for review.

Some posts related to the current issue have been hidden.
like a chica cherry cola

@Twillow_RS|| #teamblue|| #Purple4life

10-Aug-2015 12:42:48

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mostly it was good, thanks. My brothers wife (expecting a baby in September) wasn't planning on coming which is why I was asked, as he wanted to take our grandma with him as well. God knows what made her change her mind a couple of days before departure but it messed up the space and added unneeded stress to the holiday, not to mention cost as they had to put the dogs in a kennel.

Way down was fine got there with around 20min or so spare time, and departed on time. Coming back was delayed for an hour which wasn't too bad it looked like it was going to be longer when we arrived.

Weather was good, bit too hot for my liking a lot of the time, but can't complain too much.

10-Aug-2015 21:18:21

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Went out most days but mostly it was for his other children: zoos etc

We did go to Sarlat and Rocamadour which are always worth visiting.

The main reason I went was for the night sky as the area is the darkest in France and the Milkyway on a clear night is absolutely stunning if there had been more space as planned I'd have had my scope which would have made it even better as I'd be able to see some of the more interesting objects.

I did a bit of astrophotography and hopefully when I've finished editing the results I'll have a nice shot of a large part of the Milkyway.

Bird wise it is similar to what we see here but the amount of raptors I could see down the valley were much greater than here but again no scope so had to walk in the heat to get closer for good views from binoculars.

Lots of woodpeckers too!

10-Aug-2015 21:54:28

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top