Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

RubiksCube77
Nov Member 2021

RubiksCube77

Posts: 943 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
WTF lol I like how you guys outside of the U.S. have names for teams that are politically incorrect. Make RuneScape Great Again usually on at 3:00 PM PST
I am the Emperor of Africa, Afrikaneer Engineer, and retired RSOF troll
The Real Bad African (shenanigans moved to YT under an assumed name)

20-Jul-2015 06:21:40

RubiksCube77
Nov Member 2021

RubiksCube77

Jafnhaur said :
RubiksCube77 said :
Jafnhaur said :
RubiksCube77 said :
Kiwi Magic said :
Just watched the All Blacks beat the Pumas in a great Rugby Test.

39-18 to the All Blacks.

To be fair Argentina played well and scored a few well deserved tries.

Hmm interesting...

Since there's a team of All Blacks

is there a team of All Whites? lol
No because that would be "racist".

What?!?

Jawanzeh ngogo

Isn't it racist to have an All Black team?

I demand that my fellow Bawanas have an All White team.
No because according to liberals, blacks can't be "racist".

Hmm let me work this out

black =/= racist

and I hear people call my African brothers black so

African = black

and my character is African so

Me = African

so

Me = black

Me =/= racist

I now have proof that I am not racist lol
Make RuneScape Great Again usually on at 3:00 PM PST

20-Jul-2015 06:29:28

RubiksCube77
Nov Member 2021

RubiksCube77

Hmm a humongous child...

Well I see my African brothers on Tv being called teens, youths, and juveniles for practicing their traditional African skills, so yes it would be very much appropriate to call me a child outside of Africa. So I say thank you for the comment.

20-Jul-2015 06:40:45

RubiksCube77
Nov Member 2021

RubiksCube77

I'm probably going to change characters soon, but no guarantees on that.

Here's a list of characters I've ever played as on the Wii/Xbox, in RS, or in the forums:

Jorge - He's an undocumented immigrant from Mexico that works multiple odd jobs for incredibly low wages and is usually seen waiting outside of a Home Depot or some other hardware store.

Rusty Shakleford (yes the names is from King of the Hill) - Your typical angry racist redneck that is extremely religious and conservative.

The Emperor of Africa - Well I'm sure you guys know him very well by now.

I have two characters in mind. Of course I can't tell you guys which one I'm picking. It should be a surprise after all. Here's a fun fact; I actually attempt to emulate how each character would speak in real life. Over time, I have honed my skills and can speak with those accents.

Anyway I should get off now. I'll see you guys next week.

20-Jul-2015 07:09:40

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My neighbours are Kiwis. Well, he was born here but emigrated as a young man and married a New Zealand gal (not a Maori though). She admits to getting rather cross when people mistake her accent as Australian (I don't know why anyone would do that, they are really quite different at least I think so). Some of the things I say to her, I have to explain as I'm far too "Cockney". Ha! I was definitely not within the sound of Bow Bells on the occasion of my birth.

Although I do sometimes have trouble hearing the difference between a Canadian accent and some of the American twang. Maybe people who live close to the Borders speak much the same way.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

20-Jul-2015 09:58:30

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I love the way the New Zealand national teams are named; All Blacks, All Whites, Tall Whites and the cricket team is the Black Caps - do you have any other national team names?
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

20-Jul-2015 10:30:46

Kiwi Magic

Kiwi Magic

Posts: 21,563 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
My neighbours are Kiwis. Well, he was born here but emigrated as a young man and married a New Zealand gal (not a Maori though). She admits to getting rather cross when people mistake her accent as Australian (I don't know why anyone would do that, they are really quite different at least I think so). Some of the things I say to her, I have to explain as I'm far too "Cockney". Ha! I was definitely not within the sound of Bow Bells on the occasion of my birth.

Although I do sometimes have trouble hearing the difference between a Canadian accent and some of the American twang. Maybe people who live close to the Borders speak much the same way.

Thats great Cat.

Anyway, I watched Coro St for the first time in a while. And you guys have a great sense of humour. Example...

Girl who works at the clothing factory comes in asking for the day off. She explains she woke up with a tooth ache.

Her boss says "it could have been worse. I woke up with Steve Mc Donald".

Maybe its just me, but I found that funny.
Make Your Own Magic

20-Jul-2015 10:44:34

Kiwi Magic

Kiwi Magic

Posts: 21,563 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bernadette said :
I love the way the New Zealand national teams are named; All Blacks, All Whites, Tall Whites and the cricket team is the Black Caps - do you have any other national team names?

The Black Ferns are our national female Rugby Union team.

The Silver Ferns are our national Netball team.

But I dont want to sound too nationalistic. I guess we are all proud of where we came from.

I told Scouse that when I was very young my bedroom was covered in red because I followed Liverpool Football club... big time. I always wanted to play for Liverpool.

I only wish NZ was as good at Football as the English are.
Make Your Own Magic

20-Jul-2015 13:25:08 - Last edited on 20-Jul-2015 13:29:34 by Kiwi Magic

Jafnhaur
Dec Member 2020

Jafnhaur

Posts: 1,866 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :

Can confirm that Americans who live near the border of Canada speak like Canadians. I once visited my cousin up in Minnesota, and everyone said "e*" at the end of a sentence (though not all the time).
“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127

20-Jul-2015 17:54:41

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top