Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm on holiday :) .

10 days in a country cottage doing nothing much except finding local delicacies, meandering around country walks and building sand sculptures - Welsh weather permitting.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

23-Jul-2015 00:07:38

Jane Eyre

Jane Eyre

Posts: 1,322 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
So where's everyone gone? Oh holiday or what?

Wilf messed around with the wrong bird and was carried away by a Roc, never to be seen again. :(

Bernadette said :
I'm on holiday :) .

10 days in a country cottage doing nothing much except finding local delicacies, meandering around country walks and building sand sculptures - Welsh weather permitting.

That sounds very pleasant actually, and relaxing.

As for me I'm busy getting ready to move into my new apartment the first of next month. No more having to deal with roommate's BFs, away from party house row, short distance from work, and all mine. :P Plus I soon start my next Masters program in Education, so I have to start getting ready for that.
The Catcher in the Rye caught a Catch-22.

23-Jul-2015 00:28:25 - Last edited on 23-Jul-2015 00:29:38 by Jane Eyre

RubiksCube77
Nov Member 2021

RubiksCube77

Posts: 943 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
So where's everyone gone? Oh holiday or what?

Oh I just have to go to school on the weekdays until Thursday or until Friday if I have a lab. I don't have too much work right now, so I'd figured I would swing on by and say hello seeing how you were all alone and what not. But it looks like you got some company now before I was going to respond, so that's a good thing.

P.S. I read the comments on last page, and there was one thing I was wondering. How do you guys tell the difference between a British accent and an Australian accent? lol
Make RuneScape Great Again usually on at 3:00 PM PST
I am the Emperor of Africa, Afrikaneer Engineer, and retired RSOF troll
The Real Bad African (shenanigans moved to YT under an assumed name)

23-Jul-2015 00:58:27

Camini

Camini

Posts: 14,865 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Guess it depends where you grew up. I can easily pick up on Australian / Kiwi / UK accents, and the multiple regional variations, but have trouble discerning the difference between a U.S. and Canadian accent. I also find it difficult to follow conversations over voice chats when someone from Nth America is talking.
Connection lost. Please wait - attempting to reestablish.

23-Jul-2015 03:30:49

RubiksCube77
Nov Member 2021

RubiksCube77

Posts: 943 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hmm interesting perspective

For the most part, I don't have a problem understanding what another person is saying if they are speaking with a British accent, Australian accent, etc. I watch Sargon of Akkad on YT, and I don't have a problem understanding what he's saying. Not knocking on anyone's accent or anything, but it just seems like a North American accent is more relaxed compared to the other English accents.

P.S. When I see or hear the word Kiwi, I immediately associate that with a hairy fruit (lol this sounds like an insult).
Make RuneScape Great Again usually on at 3:00 PM PST
I am the Emperor of Africa, Afrikaneer Engineer, and retired RSOF troll
The Real Bad African (shenanigans moved to YT under an assumed name)

23-Jul-2015 05:04:28

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's an easy mistake to make. Kiwis usually are small, green and hairy. They were visited millennia ago by aliens who gave them the power of speech, and legs.

Your holiday sounds lovely Bernadette, I could do with some of that right now. I've got to wait until September. Las Vegas this year (woop! woop! luv it there) but it'll be my last long-haul flight, that's for sure.

Last time I was there (over 10 years now I guess) there were quite a lot of Eastern Bloc people around (had never seen any on previous visits), mostly younger people working in the shops & hotels. Now they I really do have trouble understanding when they speak English; I think it might be the way they say their W. Or maybe stretch vowels. I dunno.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

23-Jul-2015 08:31:59

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top