Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Local church has received a grant to mend its roof after lead was stolen late last year... only going to cost a modest £40,000. Considering we are builders we offered to have a look and give a quote of course we couldn't because it had to be somebody from an approved list of architects etc I wonder how much extra is stuck on because they know they have to go through certain people...

08-Jun-2015 18:42:08 - Last edited on 09-Jun-2015 17:57:11 by Wilf

DMMetalaane

DMMetalaane

Posts: 2,905 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wilf said :
I find the feared or loved thread to be highly distressing as it is reminding me of various dictators and the terrible things they do. If only an fmod would lock it.

Why don't you go in there and school them about dictators then, huh?
Save yourself.
Savior self.

08-Jun-2015 22:18:21

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That sort of thing is totally infuriating, Wilf. Our local Council are responsible for trees on our verges and surrounding woodland they own but fail to maintain them adequately "due to cost". And yet for years they have used the same Contractor (who is a local well-known shark) who .... and get this, he's supposed to be a professional operative .... doesn't even have a hoist.

To get to any high overhangs he uses the bed of his pick-up with a long ladder perched in it!!!

Anything higher than that doesn't get touched because it's "too expensive" to have a gang who can rope and climb. Grrrrr :@
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

09-Jun-2015 09:12:12

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
DMMetalaane said :
Wilf said :
I find the feared or loved thread to be highly distressing as it is reminding me of various dictators and the terrible things they do. If only an fmod would lock it.

Why don't you go in there and school them about dictators then, huh?

wht

09-Jun-2015 20:15:11

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top