Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shut up Alksling Darling Jack :P

I wish I had only a couple of names to juggle with. Unfortunately, it's custom & practice in our little niche to have a whole string of the dratted things which MUST include (or you will be hung, drawn and quartered) at least one Saint's name, a name commonly used in the far-flung different factions of the family, one (or more) of your own immediate familial names, a name of someone - somewhere - in the family who's been dead (usually for about a thousand years and no one can even remember them) plus one or two which your totally irrational parents deemed rather nice at the time of your birth.

Then everyone gets totally confused and starts calling you whatever they like the most, or whichever one they can remember, or what one comes from their branch of the family, or something entirely random because they seriously can't remember what your name actually is.

If I were brave, I'd drop the most of them and change by Deed Poll to Catriona Edwina - then I could be Cat here and Ted at home (which is fine as both of them are two of what I currently own).

Except for the grandkids, that'll have to remain as "Naaaaaaaaaan" - how can small children draw out a vowel to such ridiculous lengths when they want something ..... ?
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

14-Dec-2014 19:51:58

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can't imagine being called lots of different names, although you must have always won the 'Letters in your name' jumping game (assuming you played it). I still have a scar from that game, courtesy of a brother who got annoyed when I jumped on the wrong letter when I was about four - my spelling and counting letters wasn't quite up to the required standard :@

My children could stretch "Muuuuuuuuuuuuuum" to annoying lengths. I always answered with "No" before they even asked for whatever it was they weren't going to get - evil Mother :D
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

14-Dec-2014 20:21:58

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Which is ..... ??

I shall whisper it and keep my fingers crossed that the children do not stalk me across the forums.

To any Mods who read it, please do not delete it, I was young and it is only offensive to a minority.

?..?
:O
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

16-Dec-2014 11:37:18 - Last edited on 31-Jul-2015 22:55:17 by Bernadette

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top