Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Awww. Well, if it's any consolation, all the forums have suffered a huge decline in traffic really.

I've noticed over the past year that the once-bustling General forum now moves with the same speed almost as W&F.

I think perhaps some of it is due to the mass migration to social media & HLF but I also know for sure that a lot of people have actually left.

I had been contemplating buying membership for this account simply to regain a proper avatar head, as I used to enjoy posting on forums so much. On further deliberation, I don't think it's worth the relatively small investment given the parlous state of the forums themselves.

So * it's no longer only OT that is showing signs of ailing :(
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

14-Dec-2014 10:44:29

Jane Eyre

Jane Eyre

Posts: 1,322 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You didn't miss much with all those locked threads. I caught it before I went to bed last night and all it was was someone making a thread declaring that they met a blue dragon in a bar, went home with him, and now was having his blue dragon baby. Not making that up. Then when people sensibly ignored that poster, the impregnated mother to be of a baby blue dragon went and bumped like 20-30 threads from the last page.

And now I'm being a bad girl repeating what the spam poster did.
The Catcher in the Rye caught a Catch-22.

14-Dec-2014 11:29:35

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jane needs to go sit on the naughty step for telling tales :P

Thanks, at least we know we didn't miss any great gossip.

All the forums are slow - which is a shame. There doesn't seem to be much leeway given to amusing, slightly tongue-in-cheek posts or threads any more.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

14-Dec-2014 11:40:43 - Last edited on 14-Dec-2014 11:45:51 by Bernadette

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Abjectly grateful to Jane for spilling the beans :) I really hate it when there's drama and I miss seeing it ~ does that make me a troublemaker at heart, or just signifies that I am an incredibly nosey old bag, I wonder? Both, probably.

I won't comment on moderating style on the Forums because .... well, because.

Oh ey, seeing you reminds me ... my cousin Bernadette (we have 3 Bernadettes in the family, howzat!!) is gracing us with a visit before Christmas. My chin is already quivering in outrage and indignation. She's one of those people who has to 'do everything properly or don't do it at all' so she thoroughly disapproves of my harum-scarum and rather manyana (manana w/e) attitude and lets this be known by a slight raise of an immaculately-plucked eyebrow, or the subtle puckering of the mouth.

The fact that I don't have a set of 8 matching coffee mugs annoys her beyond belief. I mean seriously, so what - there's enough mugs to go around and if they're 20 years old so what, lolol? (Errr, it's not important is it/ IS IT?)

And she insists upon calling me Philomena (one of my many irritating names and way down the list of both commonly used by others or liked by me).

Damn 'Mrs Bernadette Bouquet' :@
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

14-Dec-2014 12:44:18

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You are just a Cat at heart - incredibly curious, as am I - so cookies to Jane whilst she doodles on the naughty step.

Poor you - will your cousin's visitation be a lengthy one? I don't think I have ever owned more than four matching cups and I have no idea where they have disappeared to - a plethera of mismatched mugs for us :D

Perhaps you could give her a Christmas tipple in her coffee to relax her disaproval - hard to effectively raise an eyebrow or pucker up after a couple of cups :P

I have a cousin Philomena (who is lovely), it is also my sisters middle name (she rarely owns up to it). We were all only graced with one middle name - based on Saints - Bernadette is mine. My first name was not available when I made the account and it didn't come free when names were released and, to be honest, I am not sure whether I would have wanted to use it. I always liked my middle name more as a child (although I never got to use it) which is why I chose to base my game name for this account on it.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

14-Dec-2014 14:43:48

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
First names of my brothers and me are kings and middle names are family names. My middle name being Peter after my uncle I'm a bit like him in that I'm quite laid back and ever so slightly eccentric.

Last tongue in cheek post I made ended up getting me banned because some people can't handle a disagreement. However I was fairly safe in that I'd exchanged a message or two with the mod I was apparently making calls to flame a month or so before.

I've told them a couple of times that they need to relax stuff more or they'll continue to drive people away.

Thread about decline in activity recently:

person says too much moderation (gets hidden)

I say proved his point (gets hidden)

14-Dec-2014 16:29:45

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top