Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Deryk

Deryk

Posts: 1,345 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dragonite Lv, perhaps you're looking at this from the wrong angle. Instead of finding a career that fits you; you should find where you fit in the spectrum of careers.

Don't try to categorize yourself as fitting with gamers, instead what is it that you fancy doing in life? Will it ultimately lead to you finding a job as a mean to a end; or will the job itself fulfill you?

A programmer is essentially a problem solver, the problem being language as the computer doesn't interpret things, they must be blunt specific and perfect. If you're analytical you might enjoy this, but to be happy it requires other traits as well I'm sure. Being a detective is different than be a programmer, though fundamentally they're the same.

First it would simplify your search if you find what you enjoy, what makes you happy when you're doing it. What you'd like to do for the rest of your life. If it is analyzing things from a certain perspective, finding faults, and improving them, then maybe a programmers a good choice. If you like creating things then a job specific to games; a designer may be a better choice. First find the root of your passion branch out to the sub roots, instead of aimlessly guessing, though you may get lucky that way.
'Portables' - Portable Locations Friend's Chat - Link to Thread
--
Forum Help (Here more for me than you. :P )

09-Dec-2014 08:03:02

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That's good. I don't like MoTs as they usually mean expense. I always worry something will be wrong with it. We have a good garage; small, but with really friendly mechanics who collect and deliver back the car. That way they can fit the work in when it suits them.

Had my car Mot'd the other week - failed, but I expected it to. The garage had already ordered the rear light (broken when some fool reversed into the wheely bin) :( . They repaired it and then it passed.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

11-Dec-2014 21:46:26

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Our wagon is due for its test on the 30th. just spent over £700 for four new tyres apart from that it should pass. Sometimes there is something just off and we sort it there and then like a light misaligned or washer nozzle shooting the wash the wrong way.

12-Dec-2014 20:53:50

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top