Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Finance
Apr Member 2012

Finance

Posts: 56,428 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Icy Spring said :

Speaking of which, does anyone think that a thread for "current events" would be able to survive here without being locked for politics/religion? It would ostensibly be about global or national news but I don't know if discussion about something like the Middle East would be "religious" or not.

I don't know; it's worth making a thread in Website & Forums to ask. Could be an interesting thread...
Community Helper

Need account help, technical support, or payment help? Visit the
Support Centre

21-Aug-2014 05:21:07

Lady Deluxe

Lady Deluxe

Posts: 44,440 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Finance said :
Icy Spring said :

Speaking of which, does anyone think that a thread for "current events" would be able to survive here without being locked for politics/religion? It would ostensibly be about global or national news but I don't know if discussion about something like the Middle East would be "religious" or not.

I don't know; it's worth making a thread in Website & Forums to ask. Could be an interesting thread...

Or you could just start one and in opening post state the guidelines of what is or is not allowed and all Jagex rules apply. Also state you will keep a close eye on the content etc.

21-Aug-2014 05:26:07

Kiwi Magic

Kiwi Magic

Posts: 21,563 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Icy Spring said :
I don't know if discussion about something like the Middle East would be "religious" or not.

It could be. It depends on the focus of such discussion.

I know its hard to focus on the "hopes, dreams, and aspirations" of the middle east, for example. But its worth a try.

Hypothetical situations can take the focus off specific problems that are political or religious.
Make Your Own Magic

21-Aug-2014 05:38:11

Smok Taunter

Smok Taunter

Posts: 58,110 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On the topic of the middle east I'll make this in passing: Iran'll probably get less crazy in time.

Rouhanni though a conservative, is at least pragmatic enough to act as he has. He's been far more willing to work with the west than his predecessors.

This could likely be an effect of the younger generation of Iran coming of age to be a demographic to listen to and they'll soon be old enough to take control of the Iranian political situation. This are kids that want a sort of "American Dream" in Iran who want to be close to the west so they can have better lives than currently. It's certainly something to consider when dealing or talking with/about Iran.

In our life-time they'll probably sane-up enough to be visitable. If they don't Deng Xioping now they will in the near future.

21-Aug-2014 05:46:50

Kiwi Magic

Kiwi Magic

Posts: 21,563 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^Funnily enough I read a Time magazine report about the westernized influence on Iranian youth recently.

But remember, spiritual leaders as opposed to political leaders have a lot of power in some countries.
Make Your Own Magic

21-Aug-2014 05:58:37

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top