Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brigantia said :
I actually managed to find a pair of jeans yesterday THAT FIT AND ARE NOT HIGH RISE

Fuck I wish the high rise trend would DIE

But the fat from the pandemic and hiding it...

Ok maayybbbee mine is stress now lmao
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

11-Jun-2021 23:39:19

Averia Light

Averia Light

Megycal said :
I just had my chin waxed for the first time. It wasn't really painful but my chin is now a bit blotchy and red and feels tingly. Getting older has its downsides....I do not want to look like the bearded lady in my son's wedding photos! :P It was a test to see how my skin reacts, if it settles down OK I'll have it done again before his big day.
edit to add: up until now I'd been using tweezers to remove the offending hairs.

You'll be hairfree for like 2-3 weeks. So do it 2 weeks before to let the skin calm the fuck down.

11-Jun-2021 23:40:17

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
Brigantia said :
I actually managed to find a pair of jeans yesterday THAT FIT AND ARE NOT HIGH RISE

Who knew having your guts sawed in half was so comfortable!

High rise is abhorrent. I feel discriminated against because it's so fucking difficult to find literally any other style of jeans.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

11-Jun-2021 23:44:38

Averia Light

Averia Light

Also, I have to tell someone, because I can't put this on facebook, because employed and stuff.

So, I am actually getting interviews for serious positions at serious companies/municipalities. I just fucked around on SQL, VBA, Powershell and know a few languages, like Python, Ruby, C++, HTML and holy fuck, it is like they want me for the position just a step down from the CFO/Controller.

Like... I interviewed with TWELVE people yesterday. I failed that interview miserably, because fucking 12 high-powered people (in the city I live in since it was a government job) were asking tough af questions - including my political beliefs and holy what the hell did I get into because I am in wayyy over my head guys.

I have 2 more interviews on Monday and Tuesday for jobs I honestly never really dreamed of getting and idk what to do with myself. One is for the biggest museum in my city and the other is for managing the investments of one of the richest people in my city. Then, I have a phone interview with one of the Big 4 auditing firms. Like... I am competing with literal CPA's AND GETTING INTERVIEWS.

This is just crazy to me. I threw out some resumes last week because I wanted to ragequit my job and this is what happened.

/accidentalbraggingbecauseIcan'tsaythistoanyoneelse

11-Jun-2021 23:47:44

Averia Light

Averia Light

Brigantia said :
Averia Light said :
Brigantia said :

Who knew having your guts sawed in half was so comfortable!

High rise is abhorrent. I feel discriminated against because it's so fucking difficult to find literally any other style of jeans.

Ehh, I like them because they cover my pandemic shame. If I were skinnier, I would probably prefer the normal cut, too.

What is absolutely worse to me is the ankle cuts though. Just why? It's been 3 years, let it die as I need dress pants, lol. So I guess I feel your pain, just with a different type of pants.

11-Jun-2021 23:50:43

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
Megycal said :
I just had my chin waxed for the first time. It wasn't really painful but my chin is now a bit blotchy and red and feels tingly. Getting older has its downsides....I do not want to look like the bearded lady in my son's wedding photos! :P It was a test to see how my skin reacts, if it settles down OK I'll have it done again before his big day.
edit to add: up until now I'd been using tweezers to remove the offending hairs.

You'll be hairfree for like 2-3 weeks. So do it 2 weeks before to let the skin calm the fuck down.

One part of my chin still feels a bit numb which is putting me off having it waxed again. I also have a couple of new hairs growing already. Maybe they weren't there when I had the wax treatment.

12-Jun-2021 09:31:12

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I did my nails with gel polish the other day (I can't remember if I posted about it anywhere on the forums but here u go again if I did) and yesterday I was straight up digging in ROCKS and none of my nails chipped!

I feel like I can actually DO things with my fingers without completely shredding my nails!

So far I haven't been able to do shit without shredding the layers of my nails, but now with this (essentially hard shell of polish) I can scratch my leg and dig in rocks without fear of shreds!

I'm so happy about this lol
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

13-Jun-2021 20:35:19 - Last edited on 13-Jun-2021 20:35:52 by Brigantia

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just got home from joining our youngest son, his fiancee and her mother for the menu tasting for the wedding reception. It was lovely of them to ask for our opinion. :)

Gel nail varnish is very tough but be careful when you remove it. I've only ever had it done once and they did look lovely but I think the person removing it made a mistake. The skin on my fingertips dried out and touching things felt weird. It was at least a couple of months before they felt normal again. I think she should have protected them from the chemicals by using something on the skin
before
covering my nails in the remover, not afterwards. I could be wrong but it was a bad enough experience to make me never have gel nail varnish again

13-Jun-2021 21:13:38 - Last edited on 13-Jun-2021 21:23:00 by Megycal

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top