Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Jenesiis
Jan Member 2018

Jenesiis

Posts: 1,200 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My husband is self employed and I do his accounts for him every year

One year the Tax Office wrote and said that we had tried to defraud them by several thousand pounds that we had not declared and threatened quite dire consequences. Had an awful time, tried to phone them (has anyone else ever done that? Hours spent waiting in line on the phone, and then you get cut off) Tried writing recorded delivery letters, no response.

The problem had arisen as our tax year for my husband`s business actually ends in November, not April 5th so there was a discrepancy in payments between that time and April and they had not registered that I had put the date that the accounts went up to and had assumed it was April

After some really agonising weeks eventually quite a nice chap phoned, realised what had happened and said `Oh dear, now actually we are going to owe you money`. We then got a much larger rebate, but it was a super scary time.

18-Apr-2021 17:10:19

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jenesiis said :
My husband is self employed and I do his accounts for him every year

One year the Tax Office wrote and said that we had tried to defraud them by several thousand pounds that we had not declared and threatened quite dire consequences. Had an awful time, tried to phone them (has anyone else ever done that? Hours spent waiting in line on the phone, and then you get cut off) Tried writing recorded delivery letters, no response.

The problem had arisen as our tax year for my husband`s business actually ends in November, not April 5th so there was a discrepancy in payments between that time and April and they had not registered that I had put the date that the accounts went up to and had assumed it was April

After some really agonising weeks eventually quite a nice chap phoned, realised what had happened and said `Oh dear, now actually we are going to owe you money`. We then got a much larger rebate, but it was a super scary time.

Inland revenue is bad in our country too, you can wait hours. They don't even have a service where they phone you back. Thankfully you can now write them letters via the internet, which is fantastic. Only problem is my laptop is not safe these days. My laptop got broken. My ex gave our family an old 07 laptop, so can't play RS, I wouldn't anyway as it's unsafe. Since having this laptop, my phone keeps getting compromised. I believe it's my ex. I've also had PUP files I think they were called, so someone possibly got nudes of me and what ever else, plus they listened to conversations and copied everything I did on pc. I don't believe the PUP files were my ex solely, I believe he got a friend from overseas to do it and they get all info and relay it back to him so he doesn't get in trouble. As it would be hard to prove. He was/is taping all phone calls, he's admitted to that, so the PUP files are definitely him.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

18-Apr-2021 21:04:24

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brigantia said :
Dong, have you tried factory resetting your PC? You might wanna try that.

I did that on my late son's pc and the internet disappeared, I don't know how to get the internet back :( and I'd say the same thing will happen to the lap top, my youngest son enjoys using it, so I haven't bothered. I use malewarebites or whatever it's called to try and keep safe on their.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

19-Apr-2021 01:50:58

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you factory reset, you will have to reconnect to the wifi. It's easy to do.

It won't automatically connect to the internet, unless perhaps you're directly plugged into the router via ethernet cable.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

19-Apr-2021 02:12:10

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,170 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Greetings. Guess who.

I'm back.

Should be back to normal now as legs getting much better. Just been doing a lot of jobs that should have been done years ago.

Bikes all fixed up. Got a estimate from garage for £1,100+ and fixed it all my self for £105 all in. Bike looks better then it did lol.

Been on it a few times and rides well. Happy with the fixs. :P

Hope you Boys and Girls have been safe and well. ;)
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

19-Apr-2021 13:14:39

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top