Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Nex A Origin

Nex A Origin

Posts: 277 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aslon Dak said :

I see you've not forgotten about the time I burned the iced tea. That could've happened to anyone! Well, almost anyone. :P
•••••
•••••
•••••
•••••
•••••
•••••
••••
••
••
••
••••
•••••
•••••
•••••
•••••
•••••
•••••

08-Jul-2020 00:12:28

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So, I think I accidentally messed up my unemployment.

I am stressed. Requesting payments every two weeks was panic inducing enough and now that I've had to report my separation, I think I did it wrong and hit no or yes when I was supposed to say the opposite and now my case is pending??

Mega yikes.

I never want to do this again. Ever ever again. I can't handle this. I'm sure it'll be fine and I didn't actually screw it up but I don't KNOW. They don't make things clear and I'm never sure I'm understanding correctly and omg the PANIC

/rant

Anyhow, how's everyone doing?
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

08-Jul-2020 11:06:33

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not getting any benefits from the UK Government.

It's from the US.

I lost my job due to covid and had to report it to the thing
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

08-Jul-2020 12:59:41

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ah. Also didn't know you could claim US unemployment even though you're not currently in the US. I'm not sure we Brits can do that so your thing is probably different to our thing.

So when you go back you've got to job hunt. Ugh. :(
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

08-Jul-2020 13:19:54

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Hmmm. Our Govt have just announced further economic measures pertaining to the whole Covid/lockdown thing.

They're suspending Stamp Duty on purchases of houses up to the value of £500,000 (Stamp Duty being a rake-off on such transactions which is paid to the Govt, introduced in 1694 and never abolished, surprise, surprise). That's nice but it doesn't really help younger or poorer people who can't afford to buy their home in the first place, never mind a nice place costing up to £500,000.
Le Chat Guerrier

08-Jul-2020 14:20:37

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

It's scaled between 2 - 12% depending on the value of the property.

First time buyers are exempt up to a value of £300k (I think, and have been for a long time) so essentially the current easing is a net effect of zero for poorer people but a saving of 5% + for those are are rather more well-heeled.

It's a small thing, I suppose, but I'd have been less squirmy about it if they'd announced some increased help for people in low paid and minimum wage employment. They are the folk who really struggle every day.
Le Chat Guerrier

08-Jul-2020 14:49:01

Southeaster
Nov Member 2014

Southeaster

Posts: 15,320 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Hmmm. Our Govt have just announced further economic measures pertaining to the whole Covid/lockdown thing.

They're suspending Stamp Duty on purchases of houses up to the value of £500,000 (Stamp Duty being a rake-off on such transactions which is paid to the Govt, introduced in 1694 and never abolished, surprise, surprise). That's nice but it doesn't really help younger or poorer people who can't afford to buy their home in the first place, never mind a nice place costing up to £500,000.
Oh, such bullshit, and completely unsurprising from a Tory government.

Helping the rich get richer while the poor get sicker.
Runescape Forumers Discord Server

08-Jul-2020 15:03:25

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top