Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have to go end of next month for my bi-annual check. Fingers crossed.
Didn't need anything last time except for a routine clean & polish and everything feels okay ..... but ya never can tell.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

27-Feb-2020 17:44:57

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Original message details are unavailable.
^

Oh Lordy! haha

I have to admit to ....

Thought I'd move this up here as I didn't want to be naughty and go off at a tangent on the other thread ... but wanted to reply:

Look on the bright side ... at least when you get things built they are perfect. My Ole Man loves to turn his hand to anything (bless 'im) which has resulted in some hilarious results; his attempt at carpentry (a wine rack to go on the end of the kitchen cabinets) resulted in the world famous Leaning Wine Rack of Kent and putting the new sink in gave us a very picturesque indoor fountain which blew all the electrics.

I won't be at all surprised if the new pond bursts it's banks and the poor goldfish end up three streets away. Such are the joys of living with a keen DIY'er.

Shades of Frank Spencer.
Le Chat Guerrier

27-Feb-2020 21:56:36

Jenesiis
Jan Member 2018

Jenesiis

Posts: 1,200 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
^

Oh Lordy! haha

I have to admit to ....

Thought I'd move this up here as I didn't want to be naughty and go off at a tangent on the other thread ... but wanted to reply:

Look on the bright side ... at least when you get things built they are perfect. My Ole Man loves to turn his hand to anything (bless 'im) which has resulted in some hilarious results; his attempt at carpentry (a wine rack to go on the end of the kitchen cabinets) resulted in the world famous Leaning Wine Rack of Kent and putting the new sink in gave us a very picturesque indoor fountain which blew all the electrics.

I won't be at all surprised if the new pond bursts it's banks and the poor goldfish end up three streets away. Such are the joys of living with a keen DIY'er.

Shades of Frank Spencer.
Oh my, that has made me laugh at this ungodly hour, a good start to the day. I think a feature could be made of the Leaning Wine Rack of Kent though. You could open to the public and let tourists take photos purportedly propping it up as they do another such building. :) :)

28-Feb-2020 03:59:55

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,589 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm just listening to the radio and they're talking about Greta Thunberg's UK visit.
She was greeted like a pop star by all the kids waiting to see her.

I really hope something will come of all this. It's very easy for politicians to praise her if they think it'll get them brownie points, but will they do anything? Hmm.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

28-Feb-2020 12:18:23

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Realistically, what can they do to satisfy the noble demands of the economically ignorant?

You had a thread on electric cars and the UK Govt trying to push these through on an unrealistic time scale ~ this is just one of the problems faced by one country on one issue. There's not enough public money to spend, globally there are not enough resources to make and power these vehicles. And yet, we must have them even if we cannot power them up, bedamned.

Govts don't have a bottomless pit of money to satisfy the changes being demanded of them by Greta and her acolytes. To obtain sufficient funds they'd have to tax their working populations to the point of starvation and ruination.

Certainly changes must be made and they will come ... but stamping one's little foot, going 'on strike' from school and blaming the rest of the world as a reason for neglecting your own education and completely ignoring the socio-economic issues involved with the idealistic and clickbait nature of her speeches fails to impress me.

Her saving grace is that she is highlighting very real issues, but to me she's ignoring way too many fundamentals in favour of rock-star showboating.
Le Chat Guerrier

28-Feb-2020 13:12:54

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top