Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

CM Nick

CM Nick

Local Moderator Posts: 9,140 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Poor Kipperlugs, I read elsewhere you'd got the lurgie.
I will consult my grimoire and chant you a healing spell.

Bless your heart, a spell would be much more expedient!

I'm slowly getting better, but the weekend was a rough time.

Drinking so much tea I'm thinking of growing the stuff!
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

12-Nov-2019 00:28:06 - Last edited on 12-Nov-2019 00:28:31 by CM Nick

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm sitting here, listening to the growing of loads of motorbikes pulling into the motel next door - sounds awesome.

We use to have a Harley Davidson bike shop few minutes down the road and often you'd hear the growl of them - they have moved now sadly - my boys use to enjoy going in the shop for a look.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

12-Nov-2019 01:03:04

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Am very pissed off rn.

Management at my job is shitty at best. There's a huge language barrier between me and my department manager because I don't speak Spanish and the other day we were discussing me coming in for a few hours on Thanksgiving and she was trying to talk me into coming in from 4:30PM to 10:30PM when I'm scheduled for 7AM the next day.

I told her no.

However, I'm willing to come in from 4:30-8:30 to provide some level of assistance.

So we agreed on that, verbally.

Tonight she texts me to pick up the shift for that day and it's from 4:30 to 10:30

I'm not fucking picking that up. No. That isn't what we agreed on.

UGH

I'm gonna start recording our conversations I swear.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

12-Nov-2019 06:37:12

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,350 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oof! That is rough
Brigantia
- hopefully you'll be able to bring it up and get that sorted with something relatively simple.

I'd just be like: "Look, I am only able to cover 4:30 to 8:30 like we verbally discussed. I'm sorry I am unable to stay past 8:30." but I get that sometimes managers aren't always that easy to deal with.
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

12-Nov-2019 06:48:17

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's very frustrating, for sure. I hope it's easily sorted but until it is, I'm not picking up a shift for longer than I agreed because then I'll look like a dick for leaving earlier than technically scheduled.

So far, from what I know of her as a manager, it doesn't look like I'll be going in at all that day lol
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

12-Nov-2019 07:40:31

Jakey Boy
Sep Member 2022

Jakey Boy

Posts: 8,238 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Damn, I wish I had your problems lol.

Anyway, I swear you were a forum mod spearmint30? Am I misremembering things or have you been stood down?
200M all skills, Trimmed comp Cape, MQC
White knighting"female" forum users is cringey
Always protect "certain community minded people" no matter what!

12-Nov-2019 08:06:47

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top