Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shady Nick said :

I don't support killing a child to save a mother.

This carries a...weird...implication, but I'll leave that for you to figure out that implication.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

23-Aug-2017 10:34:13

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Averia Light said :
I don't think anyone could. I surely didn't.

I mean, I thought most of OT was actually left, so when it went far right, I was shocked.

Ehhh

When you have idiots that seriously believe people who believe in some reptilian overlords running the government, people who use the pejoratives "libtard" and "cuckservative" like they're supposed to mean anything, an extremist Christian who won't directly answer whether he'd kill a baby if God commanded it of him (which is really concerning), to people who think Trump won the election because of some counterculture bullshit (hint: it's really because of the electoral college, Shillary actually won the popular vote), and it's no surprise that OT has become a clusterfuck.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

23-Aug-2017 10:40:48 - Last edited on 23-Aug-2017 10:42:23 by Team Skull

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Team Skull said :
Shady Nick said :

This carries a...weird...implication, but I'll leave that for you to figure out that implication.
If the child dies, the mother can give birth again. Besides, if the mother gives birth while ill, there's the high chance that the baby will suffer because of it. And there's a fine line between abortion and literally killing a baby post birth. I personally see abortion as a form of mercy killing if anything. There's nothing callous in it, unlike taking a blade to them or even worse, abusing them.

And yeah, about OT...

That feel when you realise society is flushing itself down the toilet.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

23-Aug-2017 11:29:14

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Ancient Drew said :
Team Skull said :
Shady Nick said :

If the child dies, the mother can give birth again.

And if the mother dies, then that's less breeding potential.

Also, it implies that...well...an adult human's life (as they can produce something of value to society) has less value than an infant's/fetus' (Which has no apparent value to society for at least 15 years and is actually a liability for society when you really begin to think about it), which is...well...silly, especially when one factors in that babies are being made all the time and said birth rate is actually exceeding the death rate in America (along with the aforementioned value in terms of production), which carries further implications and potential concerns for overpopulation.

PS: Like I mentioned earlier, you really need to check your PMs more often :P

23-Aug-2017 11:37:02 - Last edited on 23-Aug-2017 11:38:33 by Team Skull

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Team Skull said :
PS: Like I mentioned earlier, you really need to check your PMs more often :P
Ah, you were trying to PM me? Sorry, I had them on Friends Only due to scammers, bots for scammers, people offering me sex services for gp and other crap, you know. It's on now though, hopefully I won't get flooded again.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

23-Aug-2017 11:55:33

Pasnomo

Pasnomo

Posts: 28,483 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Team Skull said :
Averia Light said :
I don't think anyone could. I surely didn't.

I mean, I thought most of OT was actually left, so when it went far right, I was shocked.

Ehhh

When you have idiots that seriously believe people who believe in some reptilian overlords running the government, people who use the pejoratives "libtard" and "cuckservative" like they're supposed to mean anything, an extremist Christian who won't directly answer whether he'd kill a baby if God commanded it of him (which is really concerning), to people who think Trump won the election because of some counterculture bullshit (hint: it's really because of the electoral college, Shillary actually won the popular vote), and it's no surprise that OT has become a clusterfuck.

lmao

easy to be stupid on the internet, anonymously. Few implications to real life

23-Aug-2017 12:53:49

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top