Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,350 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
That's kind of impossible to know for sure unless someone says "Oh yeah I'm mates with Mod Tiddlywinks".
... and even then, I'd be skeptical until Mod Tiddlywinks posted to confirm the claim.
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

04-Oct-2019 18:40:46

Jakey Boy
Sep Member 2022

Jakey Boy

Posts: 8,238 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Southeaster said :
Dong U Dead said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
How do you know that these trolls of which you speak are 'friends' with Moderators?

The way things have been handled in the past.

So you don't actually know, then.
I think they mean you can see the difference f mods treat different people. I've seen identical posts by different people handled completely differently. I don't think anyone is naive or ignorant enough to say that the f mods aren't ridiculously biased and allow certain people to get away with anything they want. Just have a look at how the f mods even communicate with certain people lol. It's what has happened due to more power being given to them.
200M all skills, Trimmed comp Cape, MQC
White knighting"female" forum users is cringey
Always protect "certain community minded people" no matter what!

05-Oct-2019 02:27:55

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
Averia Light said :
Kids these days don't know how good they have it.

Back in the old days, we had to try to identify who is and who isn't a troll.

The trolls in the old days were handled promptly - threads were looked after promptly. There were a huge amount of trolls back then, the fmods did a good job removing the most of them now just a handful remain - ones that I know of. These ones are friends with moderators so have more privileges and get away with huge amount of stuff.

No they weren't. The moderation back then was much more strict and caused pretty much everyone to have some sort of moderation action against them. The moderation of today is pretty much the result of several push backs from the community.

And, the volume of threads meant a lot of threads went completely unchecked. Idk what forums you were using, but they were not these. You would be banned a long time ago in the "good old days". I am surprised I am not banned, tbh.

Of course, we could have different definitions for when the "good old days" were.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

05-Oct-2019 03:21:04

Jakey Boy
Sep Member 2022

Jakey Boy

Posts: 8,238 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
Dong U Dead said :
Averia Light said :
Kids these days don't know how good they have it.

Back in the old days, we had to try to identify who is and who isn't a troll.

The trolls in the old days were handled promptly - threads were looked after promptly. There were a huge amount of trolls back then, the fmods did a good job removing the most of them now just a handful remain - ones that I know of. These ones are friends with moderators so have more privileges and get away with huge amount of stuff.

No they weren't. The moderation back then was much more strict and caused pretty much everyone to have some sort of moderation action against them. The moderation of today is pretty much the result of several push backs from the community.

And, the volume of threads meant a lot of threads went completely unchecked. Idk what forums you were using, but they were not these. You would be banned a long time ago in the "good old days". I am surprised I am not banned, tbh.

Of course, we could have different definitions for when the "good old days" were.
Things were more consistent then though. Now f mods pick and choose which comments or threads are not okay based on their personal views of the person posting. I don't think anyone is naive enough to say otherwise.
200M all skills, Trimmed comp Cape, MQC
White knighting"female" forum users is cringey
Always protect "certain community minded people" no matter what!

05-Oct-2019 04:31:56

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top