Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Emperor Dupe

Emperor Dupe

Posts: 2,629 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Would be somewhat appreciative if anyone could help me find an English speaking Nation that has their Politics currently being broadcast live.

The House of Commons doesn't recommence till the 4 June 2019, & that's what usually fills this piece of the night for me.
....... West & drop a single ore .

27-May-2019 10:55:56

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Damn, I hurt my wrist yesterday morning - pulling a very heavy pot from one place on the patio to another. My own fault, should have waited for the Ole Man to appear but I was too impatient.

This morning it's so painful I've had to put on one of those wrist support things with plastic rods inside that people with, errr, idk, RSI? have. It's helping but making me very clumsy, lol.

Lesson learned.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

27-May-2019 11:15:46

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Extremely fit athletes and sportspeople pull muscles, ligaments, tendons and so forth.
Enormously strong weight-lifters do too, on occasion.
Young, fit people manage to damage cartilege, sustain stress fractures, dislocate joints.

Activity injury is very common. So common a whole branch of medicine is dedicated to it.
Sports medicine is a branch of medicine that deals with physical fitness and the treatment and prevention of injuries related to sports and exercise.

How would spending time in a gym, or undertaking fitness or strength training, make me less vulnerable to minor injury than them?

I could be fit and strong enough to be hitched up to a truck and pull it 100 yards .... but still damage a wrist opening a jar of pickles.

So you see your typically barbed comment insinuating I may be a couch potato has fallen somewhat wide of it's mark - as usual.
Le Chat Guerrier

27-May-2019 13:47:19

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I sure hope you're not body shaming people Dupe, as that's clearly against the Code of Conduct.

As for you Fifi, clearly you should have waited for a man to help....

... because he probably knows where the hand truck is stored in the garage. ;)
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

27-May-2019 16:25:52

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Well, we haven't got a hand truck! The Ole Man is a Drayman so is used to lifting and handling heavy weights every day .... a garden pot is a mere bagatelle for him :P

But you are right - as a feeble old little biddy I should, indeed, have waited for a big strong husky roughty-toughty man to sort out my problem.
Le Chat Guerrier

27-May-2019 17:16:03

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top