Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Taxes in the UK are wonderful. For most people you don't have to file a Return - they take the money off you before you receive your wages - it's deducted at source by your employer and handed straight to the Taxman.

They call it the PAYE system .... Pay As You Earn. I prefer to call it the Pillaged As You Earn system.

Self-employed people have to submit their own paperwork, of course, as do those who have multiple income streams.

When I start receiving my State Pension next year, my Government will even take the Tax straight off it before I receive any so I never have to worry about forgetting to pay them.
So fabulously kind and helpful.

Yeah, lucky. :( My partner was telling me some about that earlier. I'm jealous lol

#Murica
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

28-Mar-2019 02:06:29

Brigantia

Brigantia

Averia Light said :
Jeremy Cheng said :
Brigantia said :
Lol u guise

How's everyone doing today?

I did my taxes today. Good news is that I can still get a new phone once my return comes in! Looking forward to that.

Is this one step closer to you returning back to runescape?

Mobile osrs isn't actually bad, just to add-on to Jeremy's comment.

I never left rs though! I will probably come back full time when I can get my membership restarted.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

28-Mar-2019 02:07:22

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In the US, they also take taxes out before an employee gets their paycheck. I am not sure how complicated the UK's tax code is, but the US tax code is fairly complex. As a result, it would be unreasonable for the payroll department to properly estimate every person's tax liability (especially considering that people can choose allowances that isn't based on true living conditions). And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

28-Mar-2019 02:08:12 - Last edited on 28-Mar-2019 02:10:28 by Averia Light

Averia Light

Averia Light

Brigantia said :
Averia Light said :
Brigantia said :
Lol u guise

How's everyone doing today?

I did my taxes today. Good news is that I can still get a new phone once my return comes in! Looking forward to that.

You did your taxes yourself or had someone do them?

I also did my federal taxes yesterday. I am getting a huge refund. My bad.

I did them myself.

Why your bad?

Because I like to get as close to 0 as possible as it means I got to use the most money I could during the year without fear of being penalized.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

28-Mar-2019 02:09:53

Brigantia

Brigantia

Ah fair. Don't you have dependents though? That usually bumps up your return a lot.

I really wish they would have taught me how2taxes in school...

@CapnBrigantia

28-Mar-2019 02:11:09

Averia Light

Averia Light

The 1040 is simply a reconciliation between what you paid and what you should have paid. A return is honestly just an overpayment that you made to the government over the year.

And there are deductions and credits for dependents, yes.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

28-Mar-2019 02:15:15

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top