Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Nex Origin

Nex Origin

Posts: 382 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ghazgkull said :
tracking post count is a mistake.

I agree. It seemed like fun in the start, but, it's just turned into a bunch of nonsense now, with some people striving to get as high a post count as possible.

Yes, it was possible to check post count in someone's profile, but, the public tracking of it under the names, with the associated badges for various post levels, didn't really seem to help the community at all. If anything, it hindered the community and created divides and spam.

I'm so glad that we got that instead of something useful, like YouTube embedding....
*whispers*

It's free real estate.

18-Mar-2019 08:41:30 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2019 08:42:11 by Nex Origin

Nex 0rigin

Nex 0rigin

Posts: 28 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ghazgkull said :
yt embedding would be absolutely amazing.
I know, right? Everyone says the same thing... everyone wants it...

The devs said it was an easy implement... then they passed the buck to the CM team... who said they wanted it too..... but then nothing happened... and then the CM team passed the buck to the dev team... who now says they simply don't have time to do it, even though they stated how easy and quick it would be to implement previously.

18-Mar-2019 09:30:14

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Southeaster said :
Jack Flac said :
How do the mods even decide which threads to lock? Like I just can't figure it out you know?

They say that they have guidelines to follow, but I see one particular individual flout the guidelines on a regular basis and nothing ever seems to happen.

Lots of people flout the guidelines, some are very good at it. The more favoured flouters get pats on the back and a blind eye approach.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

19-Mar-2019 20:31:37 - Last edited on 19-Mar-2019 20:31:57 by Dong U Dead

Southeaster
Nov Member 2014

Southeaster

Posts: 15,320 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
Southeaster said :
Jack Flac said :
How do the mods even decide which threads to lock? Like I just can't figure it out you know?

They say that they have guidelines to follow, but I see one particular individual flout the guidelines on a regular basis and nothing ever seems to happen.

Lots of people flout the guidelines, some are very good at it. The more favoured flouters get pats on the back and a blind eye approach.

I'm not talking about you, you know.
Runescape Forumers Discord Server

20-Mar-2019 00:01:55 - Last edited on 20-Mar-2019 00:15:21 by Southeaster

Ghazgkull

Ghazgkull

Posts: 9,600 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
Southeaster said :
Jack Flac said :

if you have something to say don't beat around the bush.
WAAAGH!!!

20-Mar-2019 02:07:43 - Last edited on 20-Mar-2019 02:07:59 by Ghazgkull

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wasn't speaking of myself (not saying I'm innocent either) - on a daily bases a lot of forumers flout the guideline it is the reason for a lot of the hidden posts or locked/hidden threads.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

20-Mar-2019 02:50:10

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top