Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said :
Seems like someone has a lot of work to do:

Yes, I was going to copy it here, last night - to prove my point on something :)

I still stand by what I say and others have the right to believe in how they feel too. It's okay to not agree with the norm, it's okay to not agree, it is ok.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

06-Dec-2018 22:15:03

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh, absolutely, everyone has a right to their own opinions.

However, opinions aren't fact, and quite often are wrong.

Just because someone has the opinion that something is offensive, doesn't mean it's actually offensive, as it has already been demonstrated.

And yes, it's okay to disagree with the norm.

However, keep in mind that just because you believe something, doesn't make it "the norm". ;)
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

06-Dec-2018 22:23:06

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said :
Oh, absolutely, everyone has a right to their own opinions.

However, opinions aren't fact, and quite often are wrong.

Just because someone has the opinion that something is offensive, doesn't mean it's actually offensive, as it has already been demonstrated.

And yes, it's okay to disagree with the norm.

However, keep in mind that just because you believe something, doesn't make it "the norm". ;)

Yes, like the word retard used by mechanics - I bet a huge amount of people would not know this, on the online dictionary it does not mention the term you used.

But I still feel there are better terms to use than the word retard - I don't understand why some people enjoy using words such as retard, cancerous etc when there a plenty of other words that can take their place -I feel they use these type words to get a result, to get noticed etc (I haven't worded the last sentence how I would like to, but never mind)
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

06-Dec-2018 22:39:52

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Dong U Dead said :
on the online dictionary it does not mention the term you used.
Absolutely it does. Every definition I listed for "retard" states the exact same thing; "slow".

When I retard the speed of my e-bike, I'm slowing it to a specific speed.

The literal definition of "retard" is "to slow".

Mentally retarded means "slowed mental development".

If you're using the term "retard" as a noun, then that is offensive, but if you're using it as a verb, then you're using it to mean "slowed".

Dong U Dead said :
But I still feel there are better terms to use than the word retard - I don't understand why some people enjoy using words such as retard, cancerous etc when there a plenty of other words that can take their place -I feel they use these type words to get a result, to get noticed etc (I haven't worded the last sentence how I would like to, but never mind)
Why should anyone have to change the words they use, because someone else doesn't understand the definition of the words being used?

Why pander to ignorance?
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

06-Dec-2018 22:52:04

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Think about it.

Even after the literal definition of the word "retard" has been explained to you, you're still offended by the word.

You're literally choosing to be offended by the word.

That is your choice, and no one should have to change themselves based on something you're choosing to be offended by.

P.S. I know that often I come across as being quite blunt, but that doesn't mean I'm trying to offend anyone, that's just how I post. Just so everyone is clear on that. :P
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_