Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Posts: 5,069 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
0815 said :
I stand corrected:

Source:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7207005/Father-cleared-after-chopping-off-intruders-ear-with-Samurai-sword.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/7044895/Freed-businessman-Munir-Hussain-calls-for-law-to-be-changed-to-protect-householders.html
the irony of a Muslim (assuming Pakistani descent) having a superior understanding of justice than the British legal system is colossal
Patrolling Lore FC almost makes you wish for a Great Revision.

05-Feb-2018 22:50:03 - Last edited on 05-Feb-2018 22:52:07 by Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Posts: 5,069 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
0815 said :
At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what nation one stems from, nor does religion or skin colour.
no, there are very meaningful trends to be found among people from certain nations, religions, and skin colors. although I'm pretty sure you meant that we don't treat individuals based on those trends, which is also very true.
Patrolling Lore FC almost makes you wish for a Great Revision.

06-Feb-2018 06:10:14 - Last edited on 06-Feb-2018 06:13:14 by Raleirosen

Posts: 5,208 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Raleirosen said :
0815 said :
At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what nation one stems from, nor does religion or skin colour.
no, there are very meaningful trends to be found among people from certain nations, religions, and skin colors. although I'm pretty sure you meant that we don't treat individuals based on those trends, which is also very true.

I have to agree. You speak the truth. Then again, if we want to see change, we need to start with the ' Man in the Mirror '. Every morning I see an engineer without borders. What do you see?
`·¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸`·¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸
2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™
¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸·´¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸·´

06-Feb-2018 07:23:43

Cherry Waves

Cherry Waves

Posts: 6,870 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
O_o well am glad no (physical) harm came from the encounter. Something similar happened to a colleague of mine, but her husband got beaten up in the process & it really messed up her daughters. They’re still not the same even after years of therapy 0815 said :
What is not illegal is to install certain things.. around your garden and inside your house. It would unwise to disclose this, from a legal perspective.
Boop!
........................................................................................ Old School ...................................................................................
Bleghy

06-Feb-2018 19:37:49

Cherry Waves said :
O_o well am glad no (physical) harm came from the encounter.

Been in/with the military. Cba. Plus we have regular hostage-training, where we get tied up and shit. You should visit Somalia, it's a really nice country (no pun intended).

06-Feb-2018 22:18:59

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nosword said :
0815 said :
That's the European legal system for you.
things are very different here

it sounds so weird to me that you think defending yourself from a home intruder could be "against criminal law, overdose of force"

I know it is stupid bout time it was changed even shooting them should be allowed.

06-Feb-2018 22:19:58

Wilf said :
I know it is stupid bout time it was changed even shooting them should be allowed.

I have to disagree out of humanitarian reasons: You may shoot their limbs, if not life-threating situation. Disable them, civil arrest them, hand them to the authorities. Sue the person for the cost of the bullet and what Cherry said: "Immense psychological trauma". Case closed.

07-Feb-2018 09:08:44

Bel Tiamat
Nov Member 2023

Bel Tiamat

Posts: 994 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This entire thread is a piss fight Dear God, please send the competition, feels like there ain't any.
I long lost count of the victories, there were just far too many.

07-Feb-2018 14:59:50 - Last edited on 20-Feb-2018 04:41:14 by Bel Tiamat

Bel Tiamat said :

Namaste

A truly old issue, still going on, sadly.

Original message details are unavailable.
Mohandas Gandhi on Syncretism

February 10, 1940
Indeed, religion should pervade every one of our actions. Here religion does not mean sectarianism. It means a belief in ordered moral government of the universe. It is not less real because it is unseen. This religion transcends Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, etc. It does not supersede them. It harmonizes them and gives them reality.

Source:
https://berkleycenter.georgetown.edu/quotes/mohandas-gandhi-on-syncretism
[imgur src= ]

07-Feb-2018 15:59:34

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top