Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You kids these days... you're all spoiled... fidget cubes... fidget spinners... fidget balls... fidget chains... back in my day we had to find a smooth rock to rub our thumb in. Took forever to find the right rock... and if you lost it... the hunt for the right fidget rock commenced once again. :P

Just you wait, some capitalist will bring fidget stones back into focus. I can see it now, $20 for a rock.
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

04-May-2019 00:49:16 - Last edited on 04-May-2019 00:52:25 by NexOrigin

CM Brandon

CM Brandon

Local Moderator Posts: 2,027 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Despite what people who might not have the diagnoses state, it definitely is a legitimate disorder. I'm not only extremely hyper active, but have an insanely difficult time focusing, I'm always ridiculously restless, I get overwhelmed when I receive too much info, I'm very impulsive, etc. I can stay awake easily for 3-5 days straight cause of it as well, lol. (I certainly need medication to sleep, working out doesn't work, lol. ..and no, it's not because my body has built up a dependency.)

The government-approved meds that I've been prescribed definitely help.

I do think that doctors do misdiagnose people with ADD or ADHD all the time though. Sadly, I grew up with a lot of school teachers who thought my diagnoses was a bunch of crap, and treated me differently/gave me a really difficult time because of it.
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

Gitting Gud Since '19

04-May-2019 00:57:07 - Last edited on 04-May-2019 00:59:39 by CM Brandon

Emperor Dupe

Emperor Dupe

Posts: 2,629 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CM Brandon said :
I can stay awake easily for 3-5 days straight cause of it as well, lol.

Because you're a little fatty-boomsticks that doesn't do any exercise.

Try going for a 8 Km walk alongside 200 press-ups ( do them on your knees to start with ) & I guarantee you'll fall asleep that night.
....... West & drop a single ore .

04-May-2019 01:01:30

Scouse
Feb Member 2018

Scouse

Posts: 29,019 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My brother suffers with ADHD and i can guarantee it is a legitimate disorder because i have seen him at his worst without medication and also seen the completely different person he becomes while on medication.

As for misdiagnosing, at a younger age is can and usually is classed as basic naughtyness and until diagnosed, treated as just that and no one cares.
[qfc id=]whatever[/qfc]
#JFT96
August 15th 2017, the day Jagex freed me
Liverpool is love, Liverpool is life

04-May-2019 01:03:36

Emperor Dupe

Emperor Dupe

Posts: 2,629 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Scouse said :
My brother suffers with ADHD and i can guarantee it is a legitimate disorder because i have seen him at his worst without medication and also seen the completely different person he becomes while on medication.

Did you see him without medication once he had been on it?
....... West & drop a single ore .

04-May-2019 01:06:33

Scouse
Feb Member 2018

Scouse

Posts: 29,019 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Emperor Dupe said :
Scouse said :

Did you see him without medication once he had been on it?

Yes i also seen that side when he complained the medication made him feel unwell.
[qfc id=]whatever[/qfc]
#JFT96
August 15th 2017, the day Jagex freed me
Liverpool is love, Liverpool is life

04-May-2019 01:07:32

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top