Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^

Aye. Some people queued overnight O_o

I've bought bits and bobs from Primark in the past and have to say it's cheap tat in the main, certainly not gear you'd want to wait in a queue for.

They're very vocal in denying that the sources of their merchandise comes from child labour & forced labour sweatshops and they seem to have cleaned up their act somewhat: (source https://www.fastcompany.com/90279693/did-a-slave-make-your-sneakers-the-answer-is-probably).

Even so, it begs the question why queue in the rain to buy a few items of cheap clothing? I can't imagine what people have run out of that makes it imperative to do this. Maybe they cut up all their T-shirts to make face masks? I'm making do with what's in my wardrobe until things return to some kind of 'normal'.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

29-Jun-2020 09:16:44

Ownage Omg

Ownage Omg

Posts: 14,364 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ya it's weird man. I remember seeing middle aged women getting super hyped when they announced that it was opening in The Trafford Centre even tho almost every town/city centre has one lol.

IKEA is more of a day out than Primark imo.
Hardstyle
|
@OwnageRS
|
OSRS
|
U
K

30-Jun-2020 02:04:01 - Last edited on 30-Jun-2020 02:05:24 by Ownage Omg

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

It takes a day to find the exit in IKEA.

I went to one of their stores once, in Croydon, (never again *shudder*) and the place was a veritable labyrinth. It was impossible to go directly to the department I required; one was compelled by all manner of blockages to go through the entire store, several stories of it, in order to get to where I wanted to be.

Once arriving and inspecting the items, we had to then negotiate a further maze to get to the warehouse area where one could actually purchase anything. Except they didn't have it.

But you don't know this until you have done the entire field trip because there's no way of checking.

Bastard awful place.
Le Chat Guerrier

30-Jun-2020 11:26:34

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,589 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I hate Ikea. The stuff is quite good but the stores are awful, particularly the checkouts.

Last time I visited one, I just abandoned the things I'd bought because I got bored of queuing to pay after 30 minutes.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

30-Jun-2020 13:08:37

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rooh said :
I hate Ikea. The stuff is quite good but the stores are awful, particularly the checkouts.

Last time I visited one, I just abandoned the things I'd bought because I got bored of queuing to pay after 30 minutes.

Came across this image when I was finding out what type of store Ikea was:

If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

30-Jun-2020 16:55:57

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

^

Ha! Yes, that's exactly it.

Were I ever to go back (which I won't) I'd definitely take a packed lunch, arrange Doggie Daycare, make sure my Last Will &Testament was in order and wear incontinence knickers.
Le Chat Guerrier

30-Jun-2020 21:46:42

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top