Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Posts: 6,207 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shiavui said :

My main real interest in Star Wars comes from the Knights of the Old Republic and older Star Wars games, to be fair. Never was much interested in movies in general.

On the topic of KotOR, did you know that your mandalorian crewmate makes a reference to the Yuhzan-Vohng? During one of the conversation snipets on your ship, he mentions this weirdly coloured asteroid that he came across during the Mandalarorian Wars while in the outer rim, and how it suddenly rocketed out past them towards the edge of the galexy. This was a Yuhzan-Vohng scout ship, this same incident being talked about in The New Jedi Order series, in the midst of the Yuhzan-Vohng War.
Leader of The Enemy ||
The opposite of Justice is simply another Justice. What is Evil is subjective to each person.
YOU
are their evil

15-Dec-2017 23:10:55

Shiavui

Shiavui

Posts: 50,740 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I remember that, but I haven't ever delved into The New Jedi Order series.

The only Star Wars books I've read were follow-ups to Knights of the Old Republic which bridges gaps between those games and The Old Republic MMO.

15-Dec-2017 23:14:58 - Last edited on 15-Dec-2017 23:17:17 by Shiavui

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
And I just found out that Pickpocket doesn't let your Pokemon steal items if it touches the target. They have to touch you instead. :(

Come to think of it Weavile would just be OP if it could steal from anything it touched, but even then it's very good without that.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

15-Dec-2017 23:23:05

Cherry Waves

Cherry Waves

Posts: 6,870 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think it's a matter of growing up with them, everything is magical when you're young. For example, my siblings and I know the prequels were terrible, however we find them (specifically The Phantom Menace) extremely nostalgic and thus still cherish their existence

Someone who grew up with the original trilogy probably wouldn't feel the same connection to the prequels, but perhaps those who had children by time they were released saw the amazement on their faces and relived the magic vicariously.

& now we have the next installment, going through the same cycle

Empire is the best film imo
Boop!
........................................................................................ Old School ...................................................................................
Bleghy

15-Dec-2017 23:27:27

Shiavui

Shiavui

Posts: 50,740 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You can rewatch the older films but they've been butchered a lot.

You won't be able to find the originals outside of someone's homemade recordings or piracy. Unless you have money to burn, as last I checked it cost a fortune to buy them and I assume their prices have just steadily increased over the years.

15-Dec-2017 23:34:22 - Last edited on 15-Dec-2017 23:35:11 by Shiavui

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Posts: 6,207 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shiavui said :

You won't be able to find the originals outside of someone's homemade recordings or piracy. Unless you have money to burn, as last I checked it cost a fortune to buy them.
Well lucky me I guess, as I've still got the original VHS release of the original trilogy, as well as the Cassette tape release of the Radio Drama for the original trilogy. Also have the VHS release of the Special Edition WE and FE release as well.
Leader of The Enemy ||
The opposite of Justice is simply another Justice. What is Evil is subjective to each person.
YOU
are their evil

15-Dec-2017 23:37:14

Cherry Waves

Cherry Waves

Posts: 6,870 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shiavui said :

Indeed, I can't believe George Lucas changed it to Greedo taking the first shot at Han.

Clearly, Jar Jar shot first.
Boop!
........................................................................................ Old School ...................................................................................
Bleghy

15-Dec-2017 23:44:14

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top