Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm guessing it's because it's fairly common to refer to a female cat as a "she cat" in many places. Although the correct term is, I believe, Queen.

It makes no sense to me in that how else would one refer to something a female person has done/said and so on, if not to say "She said that" or "She went on holiday" and so forth.

I intend to continue to employ the term "she" when referring to anyone/thing which I regard as a female entity.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

01-May-2019 13:15:05

Aunty Shark

Aunty Shark

Posts: 780 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
I'm guessing it's because it's fairly common to refer to a female cat as a "she cat" in many places. Although the correct term is, I believe, Queen.

It makes no sense to me in that how else would one refer to something a female person has done/said and so on, if not to say "She said that" or "She went on holiday" and so forth.

I intend to continue to employ the term "she" when referring to anyone/thing which I regard as a female entity.

Literally no one cares what you think or do.

01-May-2019 13:55:08

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

The use of the term 'lady' is extremely non-PC and frowned upon for modern useage. It implies old fashioned values of females being genteel, fragile or delicate. It also implies class distinction, harking back to the days when upper class females were referred to as ladies and other classes as 'women'. (Personally, I prefer the use of the word women).

Use of the word 'lady' should be avoided in business correspondence and meetings as it can and often is taken as being patronizing. You wouldn't know this, of course, because you are ignorant.

It would sound ridiculous to state "The lady said she was going on holiday" rather than "She said she was going on holiday" - they both contain the word "she" which according to you is incorrect so one would have to say (according to your logic) "The lady said the lady was going on holiday". How stupid is that?

Added to which why say "The lady said she (or the lady) was going on holiday" if I am answering a question posed by a person who knows the female in question ... and so do I? It sounds clunky, unnecessary and rather silly.

You seem to enjoy going around the forums attempting to correct the grammar and content of other posters. You really ought to cease since your own command of language is inadequate.
Le Chat Guerrier

01-May-2019 13:59:19

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Aunty Shark said :
FiFi LaFeles said :

Literally no one cares what you think or do.

Is that supposed to make me feel upset? Try harder.
Le Chat Guerrier

01-May-2019 14:00:15

Emperor Dupe

Emperor Dupe

Posts: 2,629 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :

Use of the word 'lady' should be avoided in business correspondence and meetings as it can and often is taken as being patronizing. You wouldn't know this, of course, because you are ignorant.

She sells, sea shells, by the sea shore.
FiFi LaFeles said :

You seem to enjoy going around the forums attempting to correct the grammar and content of other posters. You really ought to cease since your own command of language is inadequate.

As stated before, I'm more than & always happy to be corrected. Evolution is a gift.
....... West & drop a single ore .

01-May-2019 14:04:11

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Those things the cats (& dogs) are wearing ..... do people make them in their own homes or what?
I certainly hope they do.

Although with capitalism... you just never know. :D

I found them under various "cats wearing leggings" and "dogs wearing leggings" categories.

It's not what I was originally looking for though... just so you're aware.

I was looking for you know... your standard cats wearing wigs pictures...

I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

01-May-2019 14:08:34

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top