Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Posts: 6,207 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ancient Drew said :
OK, I might need to teach Pinsir Taunt to make the Sneasel slash me so I can check if it steals my item. That or get something with Worry Seed. I'm not getting any luck really.
Can't you just get something with Trace? Would make things a whole lot easier I'd think. Honestly, if you're hunting for a specific ability, I'd think you'd have one of those on your team.
Leader of The Enemy ||
The opposite of Justice is simply another Justice. What is Evil is subjective to each person.
YOU
are their evil

05-Nov-2017 06:49:28

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jack Flac said :
Ancient Drew said :
OK, I might need to teach Pinsir Taunt to make the Sneasel slash me so I can check if it steals my item. That or get something with Worry Seed. I'm not getting any luck really.
Can't you just get something with Trace? Would make things a whole lot easier I'd think. Honestly, if you're hunting for a specific ability, I'd think you'd have one of those on your team.
I would, but in Sun/Moon there are SOS battles where encountered Pokemon can call for help, making it 2 vs 1. This can put me in trouble if Trace copies the Keen Eye or Inner Focus one that I'm chaining on instead of a potential Hidden Ability (Pickpocket) Sneasel that I might find. Then there are the chances of finding one in a chain which can go up to 15% max depending on how many I chained. They can't be found in an initial encounter, it needs to be a chain.

The good thing about Worry Seed is that it reveals the opponent's Ability before changing it to Insomnia, much like Trace revealing before you change to theirs, but it's a targeted move. The same can be done for Role Play.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

05-Nov-2017 08:47:03

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Posts: 6,207 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ancient Drew said :
Jack Flac said :
Ancient Drew said :
I would, but in Sun/Moon there are SOS battles where encountered Pokemon can call for help, making it 2 vs 1. This can put me in trouble if Trace copies the Keen Eye or Inner Focus one that I'm chaining on instead of a potential Hidden Ability (Pickpocket) Sneasel that I might find. Then there are the chances of finding one in a chain which can go up to 15% max depending on how many I chained. They can't be found in an initial encounter, it needs to be a chain.

The good thing about Worry Seed is that it reveals the opponent's Ability before changing it to Insomnia, much like Trace revealing before you change to theirs, but it's a targeted move. The same can be done for Role Play.
Oh, so kindof like the poke-radar in DPP where you chain for better chance of shinies. Interesting.
Leader of The Enemy ||
The opposite of Justice is simply another Justice. What is Evil is subjective to each person.
YOU
are their evil

05-Nov-2017 23:06:43

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Meanwhile, on Animal Crossing: New Leaf...

Carmen is still sick a day after I gave her medicine, and she's asked for her time capsule back. I dug it up and was ready to give it to her, when she still complained of being sick and needing medicine, and no option to give the capsule back to her. Plus the Nookling store was shut for reconstruction. So I ran out shaking trees and deliberately got myself stung by bees, then went round talking to the other villagers hoping they would give me medicine. This worked, and I gave Carmen the medicine, and she now says that she should get back to normal tomorrow. But still not able to give her her capsule. I haven't opened it, but can I give Carmen the time capsule tomorrow? Let's find out!
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

09-Nov-2017 12:18:24

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top