Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Jaesh

Jaesh

Posts: 30,083 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UncleAdolfo said :
Jaesh said :
The mod actually posted a reasonable explanation for the lock btw. That type of thread is totally different than anything else. You're literally just directing everyone to different sites. And telling others to post links to ads, what? No.
youtube would have worked, or post images. Take a screenshot of the article and post to imgur. There was no shortage of alternatives that could have been suggested, it didn't have to be locked

You're reaching. Maybe you could get away with that if you clarify that in the original post and actually have a discussion or flow going in your thread. Dong didn't do that. Why should posters other than the thread creator do that for her? She literally copied and pasted. Even the article was free of discussion. It only gave a play-by-play of the ad. It was spam. IDK how or why you're trying to defend this. So you're for senseless spam? Because at this point even you're adding and putting words into something that wasn't posted. You're giving your own interpretation, but that thread contained almost nothing and was a clickbait article just copied and pasted on here.
Have a heart. Have a brain. Be You. Be Vegan.

07-Oct-2017 03:30:40

UncleAdolfo

UncleAdolfo

Posts: 384 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
idk man, I didn't open the article because I didn't give a shit. Has any mod ever said what kind of links are and are not allowed?

I am only defending it because it's the most recent example of a thread that didn't have to be locked, not necessarily the best example. If it were my thread I'd just remake it, and assuming that mod didn't see it again until it had reached a few dozen posts, literally nobody would care.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong woman ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

07-Oct-2017 03:51:53

Jaesh

Jaesh

Posts: 30,083 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You're completely missing the point. It's not just about the actual links but the intention of the thread and the purpose of the links posted. You can't just make a thread saying "go to this link, and post other links, too". This serves no purpose. It's just spam.

Had a link of the ad been posted with an explanation of the ad, an opinion about the ad, and a valid question for discussion or for people to post similar ads then that's completely different. There is a purpose and discussion then. All that thread did was direct people to other sites. That's all it did. The mod explained this is against the rules. It's different when a link is actually in context or supporting your post or shared for a purpose (like linking music). But just posting a random link for the sake of it? It's not a mystery why it was considered spam and locked.
Have a heart. Have a brain. Be You. Be Vegan.

07-Oct-2017 04:18:38

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top