Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

The contents of this message have been hidden.

29-Sep-2017 17:33:07

UncleAdolfo

UncleAdolfo

Posts: 384 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ancient Drew said :
So saying extremism is wrong makes no sense. And being any less than Communist makes one a monster.
yes
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong woman ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

29-Sep-2017 17:33:54

29-Sep-2017 17:34:23

29-Sep-2017 17:34:39

29-Sep-2017 17:36:57

29-Sep-2017 17:37:22

29-Sep-2017 17:37:49

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alright, it's rare I share my full on opinion, so here goes:

Puppy Fren, Pasmo, and whoever the hell else identifies with left wing politics got upset because they saw racial slurs. Whoopee goddamn doo. I hear those every day in my workplace in some form. They mean nothing.

Yes, the words have a history, but so does the word "bad" as it stems from the Old English word for an effeminate male. Are we going to start accusing everyone who uses the word bad as being a misogynist? No, that's fucking silly as words morph into others and change meaning over time.

Nicks and whoever the hell else identifies as right wing are upset because they feel their right (not prerogative, right as laid out in the Discord ToS) to say what they want on a private server is being infringed upon. Granted, what is said is unsavory and I don't agree with it personally, but it's their right to say it. Who the hell is anyone to pursue and essentially harass others because someone said something they didn't like?

Therefore, I think everyone in this situation needs to take a step back and think "If this behavior were being done to me, would I tolerate it, or would I react rather viscerally too?", because everyone is acting like it's fucking high school drama bullshit and it needs to stop. Seriously.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

29-Sep-2017 17:39:51

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top