Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Pasnomo

Pasnomo

Posts: 28,483 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chunky Milk said :

I see it more as someone flipping me off or cussing me out. did it hurt me physically? Did my Arm fall off? As long as my friend with racist views isn't physically hurting anyone, I honestly don't see the point in me personally being offended. If they act on their prejudices, I won't be on their side, until then, words are just words, acknowledging that they have power is the only thing that gives them power.

lmao

i d k how to get you to understand that just accepting shitty people because their shitty views aren't breaking someones arm isn't cool.

29-Sep-2017 17:00:01

Chunky Milk

Chunky Milk

Posts: 34,506 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pasnomo said :
Chunky Milk said :

I see it more as someone flipping me off or cussing me out. did it hurt me physically? Did my Arm fall off? As long as my friend with racist views isn't physically hurting anyone, I honestly don't see the point in me personally being offended. If they act on their prejudices, I won't be on their side, until then, words are just words, acknowledging that they have power is the only thing that gives them power.

lmao

i d k how to get you to understand that just accepting shitty people because their shitty views aren't breaking someones arm isn't cool.

I didn't say they were right to hold said views. I'm saying that my stage of acceptance ends at the physical. I don't care if they hurt someone's feelings. I do that on the daily without bringing race into things.
Chunky Milk
~
Identifies as: Meat Paste

-> New Account ->
Palawa Joko
Maxed RS3

29-Sep-2017 17:01:51

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My family and colleagues drink and smoke, and I hang around with them, yet I don't smoke. Does that make me a smoker and an alcoholic?

It is possible to tolerate and even be friends with someone while holding views different to theirs. And also, equality means treating everyone equally regardless of origins or beliefs, not uplifting a minority group with a history of oppression. If we uplift a group they will end up having resentment towards them stirred up once more, and that resentment will lead to increased discrimination.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

29-Sep-2017 17:02:51

Chunky Milk

Chunky Milk

SJW: That person is different only in color and should still be accepted!

Also SJW: That person holds negative prejudices but doesn't act on them, don't accept them!
Chunky Milk
~

-> New Account ->
Palawa Joko
Maxed RS3

29-Sep-2017 17:05:29

Pasnomo

Pasnomo

Ancient Drew said :
My family and colleagues drink and smoke, and I hang around with them, yet I don't smoke. Does that make me a smoker and an alcoholic?

It is possible to tolerate and even be friends with someone while holding views different to theirs. And also, equality means treating everyone equally regardless of origins or beliefs, not uplifting a minority group with a history of oppression. If we uplift a group they will end up having resentment towards them stirred up once more, and that resentment will lead to increased discrimination.

So you're equating drinking (which in itself does not make you an alcoholic) with being a racist who believes their superior based on their race or country of origin?

Seriously? Do you understand historical context, or are you purposely being duplicitous?

29-Sep-2017 17:06:21

UncleAdolfo

UncleAdolfo

Posts: 384 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If we all just agreed to not violate the NAP the world would be so much more peaceful
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong woman ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

29-Sep-2017 17:06:49

Pasnomo

Pasnomo

Chunky Milk said :

Also SJW: That person holds negative prejudices but doesn't act on them, don't accept them!

You control your views - you cannot control your skin.

Honestly, cannot keep debating this with you if you're really going to be that disingenuous.

29-Sep-2017 17:07:15

Chunky Milk

Chunky Milk

Pasnomo said :
Chunky Milk said :

You control your views - you cannot control your skin.

Honestly, cannot keep debating this with you if you're really going to be that disingenuous.

*Skin bleaching is a thing and his been done for a while. Tanning is a thing and has been done for a while. You can literally control your skin color in this day and age. I am of Puerto Rican and Guatemalan descent and I've controlled my skin color so much by not being in the sun, people think I'm asian.

Your talking points are a myth.

*Felt it mandatory that I add I'm not saying people do this to escape racism, or that that is it's function, merely that yes, you can control your skin in this day and age. Science is a thing.
Chunky Milk
~

-> New Account ->
Palawa Joko
Maxed RS3

29-Sep-2017 17:11:29 - Last edited on 29-Sep-2017 17:12:44 by Chunky Milk

Volkisch

Volkisch

Posts: 1,595 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UncleAdolfo said :
If we all just agreed to not violate the NAP the world would be so much more peaceful

No
[qu.ote id=23-24-312-63626936-13867-341770025*[quot.e id=23-24-703-65953575-104-341769920*what devastatingly undeveloped senses of humor you all have
can't even screencap this **** it's so stupid[/qu.ote]

can somebody put this in their sig[/.quote]

29-Sep-2017 17:11:31

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pasnomo said :
Ancient Drew said :

So you're equating drinking (which in itself does not make you an alcoholic) with being a racist who believes their superior based on their race or country of origin?

Seriously? Do you understand historical context, or are you purposely being duplicitous?
That does not make me racist. And for the record I don't have discriminatory friends. All I'm saying is that equality cannot be achieved by swapping one feeling of supremacy for another. It's "eye for an eye" all over, something we as a society should get over.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

29-Sep-2017 17:12:16

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top