Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You know, after reading the Christian and Atheist threads, I have come to one conclusion regarding atheism (my views on organized religion is more or less the same, so yea):

Most are Google Atheists.

If you know me well enough, you should know what I mean by this without me having to explain it in deep detail :P
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

11-Sep-2017 09:40:59

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I find some people don't seem to be interested in hearing people's answers, they seem more interested in trying to force their own answers on the people who they are asking questions to.

The whole point of any "Ask a _____" thread is to learn something from someone who is different from you.

Imagine an "Ask a Librarian" thread where a bunch of people come along and start telling the librarian that they are delusional for being a librarian, and try to convince them to become a firefighter instead. It's an "Ask a Librarian" thread, not a "Convert a Librarian" thread.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

11-Sep-2017 09:57:39

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Nexus Origin said :
I find some people don't seem to be interested in hearing people's answers, they seem more interested in trying to force their own answers on the people who they are asking questions to.

Hence my "In a nutshell" comment.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

11-Sep-2017 10:09:44

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said :

Yes and they get so abrupt and can get quite nasty too and do the blame game and allsorts.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

11-Sep-2017 10:21:19

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
Nexus Origin said :

Yes and they get so abrupt and can get quite nasty too and do the blame game and allsorts.
And when I put across my points which consider both sides of the argument, all these extremists start getting anal about it and making stupid allegations with no base to them. Like when I pointed out before that certain deeds get justified by the general culture of the time, particularly in war times (which was likely the case with some of the books in the Bible along with other holy scriptures), then the guy turns around and accuses me of moral bankruptcy and being a little man. After making all religious folk out to be deluded and/or monsters, and before throwing insults at anyone who puts a tiny hint of criticism and questioning (which as a self proclaimed atheist he should be advocating), including autist, retard and in Team Skull's case, a racial slur which I won't repeat here.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

11-Sep-2017 12:41:34

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Tbh Drew, I could have reported him for ableism for his autist commentary, but I didn't want to look like a hypocrite and I wanted to see if he'd listen to reason, so... "Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

11-Sep-2017 12:59:02 - Last edited on 11-Sep-2017 13:00:30 by Team Skull

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've got 7 dogs at home for 2 weeks. Five of my own and two I'm baby-sitting.

One of my temporary charges has decided to come into season and one of my male dogs is intact. This is going to be a long two weeks :|
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

11-Sep-2017 15:50:32

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top