Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morning DuD.

I can't speak for others (lots of events happening in the world over the last short while), but harm has been staying out of my way.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

08-Sep-2017 19:46:13

Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Posts: 5,069 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
Good Morning Off Topic - I hope everyone is well and out of harms way!
Everybody's dead, Dong.
Team Skull said :
Alternately, you can just go on a mad rampage and demand burden of proof while calling them mongoloids.
Patrolling Lore FC almost makes you wish for a Great Revision.

08-Sep-2017 21:30:18

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Raleirosen said :

Team Skull said :
Alternately, you can just go on a mad rampage and demand burden of proof while calling them mongoloids.

10/10 reference and 10/10 gif
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

08-Sep-2017 21:42:32

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Also Ralei, I wouldn't bother with them.

They went from calling others mongoloids and retards to eventually racial slurs when contested with rudimentary logic. Tells me their knowledge on atheism (and just religion in general) is Google level knowledge at best. I'll admit I don't know everything, but I choose to suspend all belief until I am presented with 100% irrefutable facts.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

08-Sep-2017 21:47:24 - Last edited on 08-Sep-2017 21:47:55 by Team Skull

Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Posts: 5,069 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Team Skull said :
Also Ralei, I wouldn't bother with them.

They went from calling others mongoloids and retards to eventually racial slurs when contested with rudimentary logic. Tells me their knowledge on atheism (and just religion in general) is Google level knowledge at best. I'll admit I don't know everything, but I choose to suspend all belief until I am presented with 100% irrefutable facts.
His behavior is way over the line, but to be fair you can be pretty infuriating (not an excuse, just an explanation). Once (or if) he calms down and starts reading your responses more accurately maybe he'll come around.
Patrolling Lore FC almost makes you wish for a Great Revision.

08-Sep-2017 23:09:22

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Raleirosen said :
His behavior is way over the line, but to be fair you can be pretty infuriating (not an excuse, just an explanation). Once (or if) he calms down and starts reading your responses more accurately maybe he'll come around.

Maybe. I'm not counting on it though.

Someone who is that balls deep in religious (or in this case irreligious) belief and arrogant typically only see things through blinders- their own reality, if you will.

I have a pretty good idea on how people like that think- I'd say they're as bad as the people they criticize (considering they, at one point, confessed they were one of those people I'm not surprised in the slightest) for blind belief, but I digress.

08-Sep-2017 23:28:02 - Last edited on 08-Sep-2017 23:28:39 by Team Skull

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
He's not incapable of reason, but he was being anal to the point where it's just unacceptable. Everyone who posts on these forums, especially those who did so on a regular basis, will know that flaming and discriminatory slurs are crossing the line, and being an advocate of logic he should know that. Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

08-Sep-2017 23:55:44

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Ancient Drew said :
He's not incapable of reason, but he was being anal to the point where it's just unacceptable. Everyone who posts on these forums, especially those who did so on a regular basis, will know that flaming and discriminatory slurs are crossing the line, and being an advocate of logic he should know that.

It's my personal belief that nobody with a (relatively) functioning IQ isn't incapable of reasoning, but there are some people who are so brainwashed in dogma (Whatever that dogma may be) that it's a waste of time to convince them otherwise.

08-Sep-2017 23:59:59

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Like, I'll deal with you calling me an idiot, blind, whatever. Hell, I'll even take using my disability as an insult (most of the time, depending on my mood).

What I won't stand for is the use of racial slurs and epithets to insult my intelligence and character as my race has absolutely nothing to do with the merits of the arguments I present.

Like idk what it is now, but under the old ruleset any racial slur earned you an instant 3 day ban (with a very good chance of being muted in-game as well) and forum strike on your account (which affects you getting access to private boards), so yea- kinda fucked themselves there.

Edit: And that was for first time offense too- they don't put up with that shit. At all.

09-Sep-2017 00:05:23 - Last edited on 09-Sep-2017 00:25:31 by Team Skull

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top