Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said :
And yet, you spend so much time trying to convince others to agree with your opinions. Seems like you do care. ^_^

I care about having arguments that are factually accurate.

Like you can have your opinion that methadone isn't addicting- But I'm gonna show you it's a bullshit opinion as that is a falsehood. You can choose to accept the error of your ways and correct the mistake or not, but I'm at least going to show you there's a factual inaccuracy.

That's not opinion. IF you don't like that, too damn bad honestly.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

05-Sep-2017 02:27:43

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
lol.

You're looking for a fight so badly that you're contesting a point that I conceded over 30 pages ago?

Nexus Origin said :
My apologies, you are correct that if abused, it can be addictive.

Well done! ^_^
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

05-Sep-2017 02:42:57 - Last edited on 05-Sep-2017 02:44:22 by Nexus Origin

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sorry, I don't know the King's Solomon reference.

I do, actually, think it is inhumane to part a child from it's parents for the sole reason of deterring illegal immigrants. I cannot see how in any way it can be in the best interests of the child. (Assuming they are not in any other way 'bad' parents).

Presumably there is some reason in the background why the parents decided to bring a child with them (or conceive one to be born in their chosen country). And I would assume it is a significant reason. If they are willing to break the law to get out of their own country, it would seem bizarre for them to willingly take their child back there.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

05-Sep-2017 02:44:33

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

FiFi LaFeles said :
Sorry, I don't know the King's Solomon reference.

Original message details are unavailable.

1 Kings 3:16–28 recounts that two mothers living in the same house, each the mother of an infant son, came to Solomon. One of the babies had died, and each claimed the remaining boy as her own. Calling for a sword, Solomon declared his judgment: the baby would be cut in two, each woman to receive half. One mother did not contest the ruling, declaring that if she could not have the baby then neither of them could, but the other begged Solomon, "Give the baby to her, just don't kill him!"

The king declared the second woman the true mother, as a mother would even give up her baby if that was necessary to save its life. This judgment became known throughout all of Israel and was considered an example of profound wisdom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgment_of_Solomon
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

05-Sep-2017 02:49:48

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said :
lol.

You're looking for a fight so badly that you're contesting a point that I conceded over 30 pages ago?

Nexus Origin said :

Well done! ^_^

Good. Now do it more often.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

05-Sep-2017 02:59:43

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Team Skull said :
Nexus Origin said :
lol.

Nexus Origin said :

Well done! ^_^

Good. Now do it more often.
33 pages later, and you finally realize that I conceded the point, even after I mentioned it numerous times.

Congratulations.

*slow clap*
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

05-Sep-2017 03:05:55

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Averia Light said :
Meh, make an age test.

If by 24 you have proven to be a drain on the system as opposed to contributing to the system, you get sent back.

Why age 24 - is there something significant about that age? Many of our young people are still in higher education at 24 so probably wouldn't have much of a chance to contribute anything of great worth. Part time jobs, perhaps, at low pay while they're waiting for their qualifications to come through.

What would be that status of a child of illegal immigrants that was born after they were living in America - does it get automatic citizenship? Kids born here do, no matter what their parents' status, and they will not be deported so that means the parents get to stay also.

I assume I read it correctly and the illegal immigrants' children are facing deportation. It seems to be a bit ... I dunno ... vindictive. Given they had no choice in coming and probably have nothing to go back to. Now that they are adults are they not entitled to apply for citizenship?

There would be nothing stopping these people from applying for citizenship under the normal immigration policies. Plus, if they really want to stay, they will make it happen, but 24 was just a number I made up.

I would be ok with exceptions, like if they were in college for a highly competitive field and they were already in the workforce in a related job. Stuff like that. I feel like that gives them a decent chance.

And as far as I am aware, anchor babies are a separate topic.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

05-Sep-2017 03:34:32

Averia Light

Averia Light

On a side note, someone stole my diaper bag while my purse sat on a baby sling that was far more expensive and the person also didn't take my more expensive baby seat or stroller.

Just the diaper bag. And I guess we have a serial diaper bag snatcher in the neighborhood, because mine is the 3rd or 4th to go missing. (Didn't know of the string of diaper bag robberies until mine got stolen). Who steals diaper bags?

05-Sep-2017 03:39:31

Averia Light

Averia Light

Seriously, I feel like someone is taping me for my reaction and, tbh, my reaction is just confusion. They could have stolen my purse or around $400 to $500 worth of other baby equipment in the car...but they stole the diaper bag, which is maybe $100 when you include all the contents.

I mean, I spent all day looking for it, because I truely didn't think that anyone would even be interested in stealing a diaper bag...particularly since so many other things that would yield a larger profit were just there for the taking. Just why? Why a diaper bag?

05-Sep-2017 03:44:41

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top