Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Southeaster said :
Nexus Origin said :
If I snuck into a movie theater and illegally watched a movie for a certain amount of time, should I then be exempt from being expelled from the theater indefinitely?

If you're in a country illegally, regardless of how long or why, you should be sent back to your country of origin and have to follow the correct procedures for immigrating into the country. People spend a lot of time following the proper channels and waiting in line to legally immigrate to a country, and sneaking in shouldn't mean you get to cut to the front of the line, or bypass the line altogether.

If they snuck in as teenagers or adults, yes I agree.

But the kid didn't ask to be born, or wanted to follow his parents over the border.
If they are going to allow the parents to stay based on the status of the child, then all that needs to be done to illegally enter a country is to get pregnant once you've snuck in. The only way I could agree with allowing the child to stay is if the parents are still forced to go back to their originating country and apply legally, and in the mean time the child can go into foster care or be adopted by a legal citizen.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

05-Sep-2017 01:25:53

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said :

You're so hypocritical, egotistical, and sociopathic, it's no wonder I've compared you to Antifa. They attempt to shut down the free speech of anyone who may have a difference of opinion as well, just as you're attempting to do.

And just like clockwork, Nexus resorts to "urine Ahnteefa Suhperter cuz you disahgr33 with wut I am talking aboot L3L" to even the slightest whiff of confrontation regarding that maybe, just MAYBE, he really doesn't have a clue of what he's talking about, considering just how piss poor of a rebuttal that is and when you really begin to think about it, I'm beginning to think he's really just projecting his inner desires to be part of Antifa himself.

I'll question whoever, and whatever, I want. You won't do anything about it.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

05-Sep-2017 01:41:05 - Last edited on 05-Sep-2017 01:43:18 by Team Skull

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

I'm not sure everyone else will agree with your policy of telling them who they can and cannot converse with in the chat. Perhaps you should consult with them about it first.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

05-Sep-2017 01:46:39

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said :
If I snuck into a movie theater and illegally watched a movie for a certain amount of time, should I then be exempt from being expelled from the theater indefinitely?

If you're in a country illegally, regardless of how long or why, you should be sent back to your country of origin and have to follow the correct procedures for immigrating into the country. People spend a lot of time following the proper channels and waiting in line to legally immigrate to a country, and sneaking in shouldn't mean you get to cut to the front of the line, or bypass the line altogether.

I see the point you are trying to make, however, I view it somewhat differently since the child of the illegal immigrants had no power over the situation and didn't actively sneak in to anywhere.

Given that the child then grew up in America and, potentially, has no ties with their original country and potentially no friends or relatives there and nowhere to go, it just seems somewhat extreme to kick them out of America because their parents saw fit to smuggle them in as infants.

I don't know if these unfortunate individuals are allowed now to apply for citizenship or will be summarily booted out should they attempt to apply, on the strength of their parents' illegal act.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

05-Sep-2017 01:52:38

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said :
I'm not sure everyone else will agree with your policy of telling them who they can and cannot converse with in the chat. Perhaps you should consult with them about it first.

You know the beautiful part about whether others agree with my opinions or not?

I don't care if they do. If I did, I would have stopped a long, LONG time ago.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

05-Sep-2017 01:54:12

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

So far as the UK goes, from what I gather if a child is born here to illegal immigrants it is automatically a British Citizen because it was born on our soil and cannot be deported. As it is a child, the parents also stay.

I don't know what happens to the parents once the child becomes an adult, whether their leave to stay is rescinded or not - I've never looked into it.

It is, indeed, a bone of contention for some who would prefer to have the parents and child/children deported to the country from which the parents came.
Le Chat Guerrier

05-Sep-2017 01:58:04

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Team Skull said :
Nexus Origin said :

You know the beautiful part about whether others agree with my opinions or not?

I don't care if they do. If I did, I would have stopped a long, LONG time ago.
And yet, you spend so much time trying to convince others to agree with your opinions. Seems like you do care. ^_^
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

05-Sep-2017 02:01:22

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

FiFi LaFeles said :
I see the point you are trying to make, however, I view it somewhat differently since the child of the illegal immigrants had no power over the situation and didn't actively sneak in to anywhere.

Given that the child then grew up in America and, potentially, has no ties with their original country and potentially no friends or relatives there and nowhere to go, it just seems somewhat extreme to kick them out of America because their parents saw fit to smuggle them in as infants.

I don't know if these unfortunate individuals are allowed now to apply for citizenship or will be summarily booted out should they attempt to apply, on the strength of their parents' illegal act.

FiFi LaFeles said :
So far as the UK goes, from what I gather if a child is born here to illegal immigrants it is automatically a British Citizen because it was born on our soil and cannot be deported. As it is a child, the parents also stay.

I don't know what happens to the parents once the child becomes an adult, whether their leave to stay is rescinded or not - I've never looked into it.

It is, indeed, a bone of contention for some who would prefer to have the parents and child/children deported to the country from which the parents came.

If the child is born in the country, it should be a legal citizen. But just because the child is a legal citizen due to being born there, shouldn't give illegal immigrants a loophole to bypass all the immigration policies and procedures.

Step 1: Get pregnant.
Step 2: Sneak into country as close to birth due date as possible.
Step 3: Give birth as soon as possible after crossing the border.

A loophole like that could have serious impacts, with people having children for the sole purpose of staying in a country they illegally entered into.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

05-Sep-2017 02:06:41

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Yes, I don't doubt that some people do in fact do just that.

But what can one do? The child must stay since it is legally (for us in the UK) a Citizen, and it would be inhumane to take it away from it's parents, ship them back to wherever they came from and put the child into the social care system. Not to mention the expense to the taxpayer in doing so.

People who sneak in with their children that were born in their home country generally (if caught) get removed as a family unit.

I wonder what would be the status of a child whose parents illegally entered with it, then died. Would our Government 'send it home'. I somehow doubt that.

It's piqued my interest. I might have to do a bit of reading.
Le Chat Guerrier

05-Sep-2017 02:13:49

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

People give their children up for adoption all the time (hopefully in the best interest of the child and not their own). If the parents legitimately want to give their child a better life in a new country, they shouldn't have an issue with giving their child up to foster care while they go through the proper immigration procedures from their country of origin. It's kind of the whole King's Solomon solution. It wouldn't be inhumane. The parents could also make the decision to bring their child back to their originating country with them if they wished. It would certainly deter people from trying to loophole the system by having a child.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_