Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Raleirosen said :
I think you're still missing my point; both atheism and theism fall under the umbrella of agnosticism (or its opposite, gnosticism).
You do have a point. It could be that the people who wrote the holy scriptures had some ideas from olden times, and those who wrote more books to add to the scriptures either had ideas of their own, or tried adapting the original ideas or preaching to soldiers during wars and holy crusades, hence some books saying that non-believers (who might have been their enemies at the time of the conflict) need to be purged.

Though in argument for gnostics, the books could also have been influenced by real life events at the time. For example, it is possible that Jesus did exist back in the day, but I will go into this in the Christian thread later.

I welcome any theories of your own too.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

27-Jul-2017 17:16:45

Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Posts: 5,069 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ancient Drew said :
Though in argument for gnostics, the books could also have been influenced by real life events at the time. For example, it is possible that Jesus did exist back in the day, but I will go into this in the Christian thread later.

I welcome any theories of your own too.
You're right, this discussion is better suited to the other thread.
Shady Nick said :
Is my Michelle in here?
Obama?
Patrolling Lore FC almost makes you wish for a Great Revision.

27-Jul-2017 21:17:47 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2017 21:30:20 by Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Posts: 5,069 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ancient Drew said :
I also took the liberty of adding you as well, I hope you don't mind.
Pretty sure you're added as well, I'm just not logging in very frequently this month. So no worries.
Patrolling Lore FC almost makes you wish for a Great Revision.

27-Jul-2017 21:53:29

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top