Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Shady Nick

Shady Nick

Posts: 16,272 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Also, I'm glad there are others out there who refuse to go with the modern PC agenda and make their own opinions based on what they see.

I had originally posted some reading material for the "not ALL ______" camp, but I decided that quantitative methodology showcasing disturbing trends and behaviours wasn't something I wanted to share to people who may live without knowing. I know for myself I was much more outgoing and had lots of faith in decency when I was younger and naive.

Anyone who would like sourced documents that illustrate how dangerous an ideology can be (along with the official death counts, day-to-day lists,etc) can message me in game or on discord. Everyone is free to drink whatever kool-aid they wish, but I like to keep names of people who have suffered a terrible fate. These lists are extensive, having thousands of names on them. People are quick to dismiss death when it isn't personal to them. These people had names.

27-Jul-2017 13:13:43 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2017 13:21:00 by Shady Nick

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I see it and literally of all those attacks, 2 are in countries not completely destroyed by war/government corruption/economic shenanigans.

2 attacks out of 140...900 some odd killed overall. Continue that trend, and you reach roughly 12k deaths a year.

31x that amount of people die from smoking each year on average in America alone.

We're caring about this....why?
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

27-Jul-2017 13:25:31 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2017 13:26:07 by Team Skull

Shady Nick

Shady Nick

Team Skull said :
We're caring about this....why?

Some care about the victims of violence, some care to defend the perpetrators. I choose to care about the victims of terrorist attacks. If you want to compare that to smoking go right ahead.

You wondered why people care though - empathy.

27-Jul-2017 13:44:22

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Shady Nick said :
People are quick to dismiss death when it isn't personal to them. These people had names.

So does my cat.

So does the company that made Runescape.

A name means literal nothing in the grand scheme of things.

To preemptively kill the point: Death is very personal to me. A fair number of friends fell victim to it and my mother nearly fell victim to it. Twice. Shit happens. Life moves on. Nothing can be done for them now. There's a reason why "Second Death" exists.

Can you name a person who got brutally murdered in 2354 BC in Egypt?
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

27-Jul-2017 13:45:21 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2017 13:46:16 by Team Skull

Shady Nick

Shady Nick

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make by asking me to name someone who died over 4,000 years ago (long before Islam was a thing).

Regardless, your argument that because smoking kills more than a religion of peace nobody should care is your own opinion and you are entitled to it. I disagree and can't really find a way for that to make sense in reality.

27-Jul-2017 13:54:36

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Plus aren't you supposed to be about nationalism? Why are you caring about what's happening in some other country?

...Are you just as much of a *GASP* globalist like the rest of us?

27-Jul-2017 13:55:07

Shady Nick

Shady Nick

Team Skull said :
Plus aren't you supposed to be about nationalism? Why are you caring about what's happening in some other country?

...Are you just as much of a *GASP* globalist like the rest of us?

If Americans/Canadians were never the victim of radical Islam, and the religion of peace was only cordoned into the areas where it originated/propagated, then the issue would solve itself over a matter of time. However this is a fantastic delusion. Usually you try to stick to logical reasoning over low quality bait, I've never seen you clutch for straws before. What gives?

27-Jul-2017 14:06:08

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Shady Nick said :
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make by asking me to name someone who died over 4,000 years ago (long before Islam was a thing).

The point should have been obvious: If you can't name someone who died in such a way, then they weren't worth remembering, yes? What makes this any different besides the fact it's AD instead of BC/BCE?

27-Jul-2017 14:06:10

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Shady Nick said :

If Americans/Canadians were never the victim of radical Islam, and the religion of peace was only cordoned into the areas where it originated/propagated, then the issue would solve itself over a matter of time.

Same could be said for Christianity.

Same could be said for Judaism.

Same could be said for Marxism.

Same could be said for (insert ideology people have used to commit violent acts here).

Are you saying we should eradicate ideologies to prevent people from committing violent acts?

27-Jul-2017 14:08:38

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top