Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Raleirosen said :
Team Skull said :
You at least distinguished between fundamentalist and vanilla Muslims, so you're improving. Long way to go though.
I've always distinguished between different types of Muslims in my criticism of Islam.

Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining outside. Please.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

26-Jul-2017 04:19:13

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Raleirosen said :
Quote me, then. Find me one instance where I characterized 100% of Muslims as fundamentalist.

Selective memory, you have.

This one, right here, basically painting the entire religion of Islam and its practitioners as barbaric?

I know you're a Sam Harris shill, but please- don't give me that bullshit.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

26-Jul-2017 12:16:37 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2017 12:17:11 by Team Skull

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wouldn't even bother, Skull. You're basically headbutting a brick wall here.

I tried to explain to her that life doesn't deal in the concept of black and white, even saying that I've known Muslims that were perfectly reasonable and polite. All it takes is to walk into a room and sit with a Muslim, then have a chat with them. At least 9 times out of 10, you will not only be not blown up or carved to bits, but you just might have actually enjoyed an interesting conversation. If they (or indeed everyone who follows any religion or idea at all) were all barbaric, this wouldn't be possible, and the whole of the UK would have turned to rubble years ago.

But nope. She just can't find it in herself to listen or keep an open mind. And now Christians are next in the pecking line, and next it will be Satanists. Hell, even Buddhists might be in the queue, and their ideas are actually the most reflected upon and thought out among all religions. In my opinion, that is; I'm not actually religious myself but I like the Manji idea.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

26-Jul-2017 12:52:11

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Ancient Drew said :
I wouldn't even bother, Skull. You're basically headbutting a brick wall here.

I'll break the damn wall :B You know that as well as I do.

I'm like a Haxorus up in a wall.

26-Jul-2017 13:00:24

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Singularity said :
What if it's an unbreakable wall?! Always a first for something right?!

One does not simply wall a Haxorus. Plus, you should know me by now Hardy- I don't give up until walls are broken :P

26-Jul-2017 16:09:40

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top