Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like Raleirosen thooooooo

She challenges people, which isnt bad, but the less combative personalities may need a little support from time to time.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

26-Jul-2017 18:10:13 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2017 18:12:33 by Averia Light

Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Posts: 5,069 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Team Skull said :
This one, right here, basically painting the entire religion of Islam and its practitioners as barbaric?
Look up "generalization" in the dictionary. Not to mention I did cover the entire spectrum of Muslims in that thread.

I usually respect the intelligence and good will of other people enough to not include a "not all" in everything I say, but with individuals like you I guess it's necessary to lower the bar. So here you go: Islam is bad enough to be generalized as barbaric, but not all Muslims are barbarians.
Patrolling Lore FC almost makes you wish for a Great Revision.

26-Jul-2017 20:39:50 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2017 20:59:50 by Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Ancient Drew said :
I wouldn't even bother, Skull. You're basically headbutting a brick wall here.

I tried to explain to her that life doesn't deal in the concept of black and white, even saying that I've known Muslims that were perfectly reasonable and polite. All it takes is to walk into a room and sit with a Muslim, then have a chat with them. At least 9 times out of 10, you will not only be not blown up or carved to bits, but you just might have actually enjoyed an interesting conversation. If they (or indeed everyone who follows any religion or idea at all) were all barbaric, this wouldn't be possible, and the whole of the UK would have turned to rubble years ago.

But nope. She just can't find it in herself to listen or keep an open mind. And now Christians are next in the pecking line, and next it will be Satanists. Hell, even Buddhists might be in the queue, and their ideas are actually the most reflected upon and thought out among all religions. In my opinion, that is; I'm not actually religious myself but I like the Manji idea.
Drew, you sanctimonious coward. Have you not read a single word of clarification I have ever addressed to you? Fuck off with your smears. You know better.

26-Jul-2017 20:54:11

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ancient Drew said :
Well, I somehow managed to find it in myself to take a picture and I might upload it here today.

And I caught a Shiny Ribombee recently. Here's what it looks like.

When walking around you have to be wary of the pokemon finders as quite a few have nearly walked straight into me or my family <- well I am presuming they are pokemon finders ^_^

did you know that game it was first tested out in New Zealand before the rest of the word, I was informed.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

26-Jul-2017 21:26:23 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2017 21:26:57 by Dong U Dead

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wasn't saying that to smear you. But that's exactly what it feels like. Sorry for what I said, but I snapped. And now I'm trying to calm down in case I'm about to snap again. So please, whatever insults you want to throw at me, please spare me. I'm close to going insane as it is. You might want that from me, but I don't. OK?

I don't want to antagonise anyone here, and I am genuinely sorry for doing it again. But I'm close to tearing my hair out and climbing up the walls here.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

26-Jul-2017 21:31:20 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2017 21:39:41 by Ancient Drew

Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Ancient Drew said :
I wasn't saying that to smear you. But that's exactly what it feels like. Sorry, but I snapped. And now I'm trying to calm down in case I'm about to snap again. So please, whatever insults you want to throw at me, please spare me. I'm close to going insane as it is. You might want that from me, but I don't. OK?
The only thing I want is an accurate representation of my views. You practically have enough material to write a manifesto on my behalf, yet here you are in this thread straw manning me as black-and-white, close-minded, etc. I expect that sort of bad faith communication from Team Skull, not from you.

I don't mind if you dismiss everything I have to say, but if you're going to talk about my thoughts on a given topic I expect a little effort put into it.

26-Jul-2017 21:41:56 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2017 21:48:18 by Raleirosen

Awesome041

Awesome041

Posts: 1,345 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
I like Raleirosen thooooooo

She challenges people, which isnt bad, but the less combative personalities may need a little support from time to time.

I feel like things are extremely polarized when Raleirosen is around.

Some posts are just so disagreeable. How can one who is knowledgeable equate atheism and agnosticism? Why does agnosticism have to be a knowledge-based decision, but theism or atheism can't be? Why can't agnosticism be as much a faith or belief based decision as anything else? Do you really think if one were to select from athiest, agnostic, or theist on a form, one can say why that is the case? Apparently and accordingly, it is intellectual laziness not to assert a position, but if one does, they are still wrong, yet it is not intellectual laziness to make bad assumptions. Let's be real here, thinking all religions can be free to practice is ludicrous. As long as some acts are illegal, people will not be free practice those acts, and before one comes along and misconstrues what I said, I am not talking about murdering humans in rituals; I mean simple things like using plants in ceremonies are a problem with which one has to deal. Nonetheless, I suppose you hang around with someone long enough eventually one will find something disargreeable.

Edit: Spelling.

26-Jul-2017 22:04:01 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2017 22:09:53 by Awesome041

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top