Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :

I think the posters here are smart, don't get me wrong, but, yeah I've seen the same personalities before in a few boards. It might even do you good to not shut down and hear what they are saying.

Unfortunately, I do not share the same sentiment. I think most of the posters here are conformist- they only believe what they want to believe and do not wish to hear other viewpoints, thinking what another blind conformist idiot on a podcast says has any value in discourse. That is one of many definitions of idiocy. Unlike others, I don't try to hide the fact that I have a low opinion of most of the people who post.

I've been called toxic by one forum user (When they themselves have shitfits and threatened to quit the Forums (but came back, funnily enough) because the Rules aren't to their liking, which is quite narcissist in nature, but that's none of my business).

I've been told I'm not worth discussion because I am a misanthrope (Despite said poster trying to force his twisted moral compass onto other users and asserts half-assed insult attempts onto others, which is surprising, considering he's in his 60s (or so he says, by my guess he's 12)).

I've had at least 2 moderators try to bait me into saying things banworthy (Every time I've fought them off, but still), with 1 explicitly threatening to ban me in PM (still have the screencap for that).

We have another who thinks his doctorate makes him smart (Which is Dunning-Kruger effect, but I digress).

And now we have someone who thinks because they're quoting some neuroscientist on a podcast that they think it inherently has worth to discussion.

So needless to say, I'm going to have a chip on my shoulder and of course I am going to have a low opinion of others on the Forums. I've listened to their views many a time. Still think they're a crock of shit, but at least I listened.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

05-Jun-2017 11:43:34

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :

He is actually having another episode outside right now. I don't know how to approach the topic, because I wouldn't want someone to say something about my parenting ability...and it is family. Idk. I know we need to talk to them, but now it is a matter of figuring out how.

I do appreciate the help though, thanks.

Way I see it: If you don't say it, who will? Would you or they rather family say it, or some foreign body like a school saying it?
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

05-Jun-2017 11:50:07

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, quite the proportion of the population has had sheeplike tendencies towards trendy characters since the dawn of time. It's just a shame that some are taking terrorism or far-right as some sort of trend, after central-left (which I myself actually agree with) went out of style. But still, it just comes to show that there's hope that extremism may yet get out of fashion and people can stop shitting on each other.

I know there are people who have low opinions of me, but none of them are as low as the one I have on myself. I've been sucked into the drama and made things worse, I got jumped up and snapped when I shouldn't have and didn't need to. Basically, I'm a dick. But I want myself and others to improve.

EDIT: Good luck with the little one Krista. And don't worry, I'm sure everything will be fine. I myself am autistic and never had any problems with babies.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

05-Jun-2017 11:59:15 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2017 12:01:17 by Ancient Drew

saddha

saddha

Posts: 4,181 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ancient Drew said :
Well, quite the proportion of the population has had sheeplike tendencies towards trendy characters since the dawn of time. It's just a shame that some are taking terrorism or far-right as some sort of trend, after central-left (which I myself actually agree with) went out of style. But still, it just comes to show that there's hope that extremism may yet get out of fashion and people can stop shitting on each other.

I know there are people who have low opinions of me, but none of them are as low as the one I have on myself. I've been sucked into the drama and made things worse, I got jumped up and snapped when I shouldn't have and didn't need to. Basically, I'm a dick. But I want myself and others to improve.

EDIT: Good luck with the little one Krista. And don't worry, I'm sure everything will be fine. I myself am autistic and never had any problems with babies.

Join the police, army, paramedics or social worker. (yeah I know there is more i.e. fire fighter)

We learn to cope with difficult situations, stress and drama. None of us stay strong when a little child was involved in an accident or disaster.

You didn't make anything worse, you exercised your rights in a democracy. And even with private law here in RSOF, none of your posts have been offensive and / or have been hidden by a forum moderator.

Keep your head up Ancient Drew, nothing wrong with what you did. If you want to change the world please go out into RL, this place (RSOF) is not the right spot to start to make a change.
Burgers anyone?
Om amideva hrih

05-Jun-2017 12:16:23

Volkisch

Volkisch

Posts: 1,595 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Reason not to get married: No sex after the first year [qu.ote id=23-24-312-63626936-13867-341770025*[quot.e id=23-24-703-65953575-104-341769920*what devastatingly undeveloped senses of humor you all have
can't even screencap this **** it's so stupid[/qu.ote]

can somebody put this in their sig[/.quote]

05-Jun-2017 16:05:45

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

That feel when you complete a speedrunning glitch first time and get it right after two more tries. I have got to keep doing this and others.

EDIT: This is on Super Mario Sunshine, by the way. I threw the banana mid somersault and glitched through the wall to get the Shine, this is something I saw on a speedrun on YouTube.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

05-Jun-2017 17:08:07 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2017 21:10:14 by Ancient Drew

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top